SCOPE OF POSITION:
Establishes strategies and executes grant writing/process to secure and expand financial support for Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio Region (PPSWO). Will also provide copywrite support to all agency departments to ensure our messaging is consistent. Meets the organization’s expectations for customer service, teamwork, and interpersonal relations. Currently we raise more than $3.2-$4.0 million annually to make sure that our organization can provide quality reproductive health care to those who need it most.
Primary responsibilities include preparation of proposals and grant applications including researching, identifying, developing and responding to public, government, corporate and private grant opportunities. Work is performed under broad direction of the Vice President of Development. This position also works with the Vice President of Communications and Education to support copy writing for the organization. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be proficient in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data and possess the ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
- Grant writing/prospecting/management:
- Researches and identifies new public, government, corporate and private funding prospects and new program areas to match institutional priorities, using research tools through proactive research.
- Generates LOIs, proposals, budgets and supporting documents to submit to opportunities, solicitations or RFPs. Gathers data and writes and submits reports to funders on a timely basis. Reviews grant compliance for staff team.
- Generates revenues for programs and services through timely submission of well-researched, well written and well-documented fund-raising proposals.
- Meets financial goals as established by the Vice President of Development.
- Develops relationships with foundations and funding sources
- Engages with program officers and serves as the liaison to all funding agencies or organizations.
- Copy writing:
- Writes clear and persuasive copy for emails, newsletters, press releases, proposals, print collateral/brochures and other fundraising materials.
- Develops talking points and drafts speech content for senior leadership and board chair presentations for donor events.
- Develops copy to positively impact and support the culture of philanthropy within the organization.
- Proofreads and edits materials to ensure error-free content, accuracy and adherence to PPSWO voice and PPFA branding guidelines.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the work and organization.
- Completes special projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Qualified candidates should possess excellent writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel), and database management skills.
- Knowledge of Donor Perfect preferred.
- The candidate must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints.
- Previous experience will demonstrate a proven track record in securing new funding opportunities; comprehensive knowledge of research, and the ability to distinguish and identify funding opportunities for special programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline with a minimum of three years of related experience and a proven track record in grant writing and program development preferred.
Works closely with all departments. Attends appropriate staff meetings and at times may be requested to attend Board Meetings. The Grants Manager/Copywriter values teamwork and cooperation without hierarchy to ensure that all job duties are achieved satisfactorily.
Interested candidates please apply online https://jobs.lever.co/ppswo/e9333fde-84b5-4f1a-8fd5-4a1f242c625f
Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation and gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.