Cincinnati Works has an opportunity to join our enthusiastic team fighting poverty in the Cincinnati area. We seek an experienced grant writer to manage a growing portfolio of corporate and foundation grants.
- Grant writing from prospect to donor: tracking proposals; preparing LOIs; grant renewals; grant reports including supporting documents, program stats and budgets
- Develop, maintain and implement a calendar for LOIs, grant applications, reporting and stewardship
- Identify new corporate and foundation funding prospects
- Maintain current records in database
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
Required Personal Characteristics, Skills and Abilities:
- A commitment to and passion for the mission of the Cincinnati Works
- Able to understand and demonstrate respect for cultural and socio-economic differences
- Able to embrace and support constructive change
- Strong interpersonal skills: solid team player; ability to interact with diplomacy and tact with diverse groups
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Strong project management skills with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize, manage deadlines
- Ability to synthesize and analyze research and complex information
- Ability to juggle multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Four+ years’ experience with proven track record in grant writing or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years’ experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Excel preferred
Salary and Benefits:
- Part-time (20 hours/week)
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits include parking allowance, 401K contribution, PTO & STO
Interested applicants, apply via email here.
Type the word “DO” in the subject line and include a cover letter resume and salary expectation.