The Grant Writer writes appeals for grants and foundation funds specific to the Cincinnati region. Keeps a record of grant activity, timelines and deadlines and works with other staff and departments as needed to complete grant applications and follows Salvation Army procedures in doing so. May be asked to aid other locations as it relates to Grant and Foundation opportunities. This position is primarily responsible for writing grants needed for Greater Cincinnati Operations and an annual fundraising goal is assigned to this position.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of relevant education or experience
- Previous grant or persuasive writing experiences
- Strong written, communication and business skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate professionally and effectively with key constituencies (internal and external), and able to manage sensitive situations and confidential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with donor database applications. Salesforce or CRM work a plus
- Must be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Must understand and appreciate the mission of The Salvation Army
- Collaborative and energetic team player
- Ability to respond to management direction, commitment to working extended hours as needed, and complete tasks on time or notify manager with an alternate plan
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.