RISE is hiring a part-time fundraiser. The fundraiser, in collaboration with RISE leadership, will develop and implement a plan to raise funds to grow the organization. Until this point, RISE has been an all-volunteer organization. However, to make a broader and more sustainable impact, RISE needs to hire paid staff to help us reach our goals. The fundraiser will work remotely, though in-person meetings required.
Who we are
RISE is a Cincinnati-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit supporting acid attack survivors and survivor organizations around the world. Our mission is to activate the potential of individuals, both acid attack survivors and activists around the world, to find solutions to end acid violence. We are the only organization in the US devoted exclusively to supporting acid attack survivors.
Tasks and responsibilities
The applicant will perform the following:
- Create a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors
- Maintain effective communications with donors to maximize the likelihood of continued commitment to RISE
- Build partnerships with other organizations to enhance fundraising activities
- Research prospective donors and foundations and prepare grant proposals
- Plan, organize and market fundraising events
- Manage volunteers
- Leverage technology and social media to improve fundraising activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Event Management or related field
- Four to five years of experience in fundraising
- Record of successful fundraising
- Experience in humanitarian/human rights field preferred