Ignite Philanthropy is seeking a highly-organized, affable and motivated individual who is energized by the opportunity to support a leadership team for a fast-growing small business that serves the non-profit sector. The Executive Assistant will provide administrative and office support for the company’s operations, generally, and scheduling and general support primarily for the Non-Profit Services Division and CEO and President. This position offers an unparalleled opportunity to learn about the non-profit sector, and fundraising strategy. Ignite Philanthropy works with high net-worth individuals, political/non-profit leaders and corporate executives in major U.S. cities. The Executive Assistant will, therefore, need to have the utmost discretion, poise, social grace, trustworthiness and professionalism.
The Executive Assistant serves as the public face of Ignite Philanthropy. This position will primarily perform all administrative duties for Ignite Philanthropy’s operations. Though the job requirements may change as the company grows, the following areas of responsibility provide an overview of the type of work that this role will be responsible for delivering.
- Serve as a core member of the Ignite Philanthropy team to support the work of both the Non-Profit Services Division and the Philanthropic Services Division
- Serve as the primary scheduler and assistant for the Non-Profit Services Division
- Perform general clerical and office management duties
- Coordinate and schedule client and stakeholder meetings
- Maintain CEO & Presidents’ calendar and contacts
- Maintain CEO’s expense reports and travel arrangements
- Draft and/or dictate correspondence from President or Vice Presidents
- Assist with development of client presentations
- Proofread correspondence and documents as required
- Prioritize and self-manage tasks to completion
- Participate in a culture of learning by building knowledge base and applying learning
- Develop professional relationships and rapport with clients
- Complete other duties as needed
QUALITIES OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
Effective philanthropy is achieved through well-orchestrated partnerships among community stakeholders, philanthropists and non-profit organizations that align interests, collective will and financial resources toward a common outcome. The only way that we can achieve our calling is to find colleagues that share the same passion and have the right strengths for the role they are playing.
The Executive Assistant will have the following strengths and attributes:
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and impeccable follow through
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners
- Exceptional ability to focus and prioritize in fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills
- Seeks feedback and suggestions for continuous improvement
- Poise, positive attitude and service-oriented personality
- Computer skills – must be adept in use of MS Office, Outlook, Google Calendar and have the ability to learn common software platforms
- A bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of experience in a related position, or an associate’s degree with 5-7 years’ experience
- Knowledge of and experience in the non-profit sector is preferred
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary based on experience.
Competitive benefits package including parking stipend, paid vacation, health insurance and retirement contribution match after 1 year of employment.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to Bethany Monahan at email@example.com by 5:00 pm on Monday, September 10, 2018.
ABOUT IGNITE PHILANTHROPY:
Aspiring to maximize the power of giving, Ignite Philanthropy is a Cincinnati-based consulting firm that works with private donors and non-profit organizations to leverage their resources and ideas to achieve greater impact in the communities they serve. Ignite Philanthropy is a unique firm that serves all aspects of the philanthropic and non-profit sector-from individuals, companies and foundations seeking to manage and improve their philanthropic giving to non-profits looking for an experienced fundraising or strategy partner to raise capital to accomplish their mission.
Ignite Philanthropy’s Non-Profit Services Division manages multi-million-dollar fundraising campaigns and provides strategic fundraising consulting services for non-profit clients. Our Non-Profit Services team combines deep knowledge of the local donor landscape with decades of non-profit fundraising and management experience and a track record of completing major capital campaigns for organizations both in Cincinnati and throughout the country. Our team has raised nearly $90 million in private dollars for local non-profit capital projects and initiatives, such as the Music Hall revitalization effort, BLINK, The Center for Addiction Treatment and others. Aspiring to maximize the power of giving, Ignite Philanthropy works with private donors and non-profit organizations to leverage their resources and ideas to achieve greater impact in the communities they serve. Ignite Philanthropy serves all aspects of the philanthropic and non-profit sector-from individuals, companies and foundations seeking to organize and improve their philanthropic giving to non-profits looking for an experienced fundraising or strategy partner to raise capital to accomplish their mission.
Ignite Philanthropy is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Ignite Philanthropy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, military status, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other protected status.