Aspiring to maximize the power of giving, Ignite Philanthropy is a Cincinnati-based consulting firm that works with private donors and non-profit organizations to leverage their resources and ideas to achieve greater impact in the communities they serve. Ignite Philanthropy is a unique firm that serves all aspects of the philanthropic and non-profit sector-from individuals, companies and foundations seeking to manage and improve their philanthropic giving to non-profits looking for an experienced fundraising or strategy partner to raise capital to accomplish their mission.
Ignite Philanthropy’s Non-Profit Services Division manages multi-million-dollar fundraising campaigns and provides strategic fundraising consulting services for non-profit clients. Our Non-Profit Services team combines deep knowledge of the local donor landscape with decades of non-profit fundraising and management experience and a track record of completing major capital campaigns for organizations both in Cincinnati and throughout the country. Our team has raised nearly $90 million in private dollars for local non-profit capital projects and initiatives, such as the Music Hall revitalization effort, BLINK, The Center for Addiction Treatment and others.
The Donor Research Associate works in partnership with Ignite Philanthropy’s Non-Profit Services Team to provide high-quality professional services to our region’s leading non-profit organizations. The Donor Research Associate will support the Non-Profit Services Division by providing donor and prospect research, donor data analysis, data entry, database management and other research tasks needed to execute fundraising campaigns and strategic consulting projects. Because the Donor Research Associate provides critical support to Ignite Philanthropy’s client projects, excellent communication skills and a keen attention to detail are required. The Donor Research Associate role is an internal facing position.
The Donor Research Associate supports all clients of Ignite Philanthropy’s Non-Profit Services Division with donor research and data analysis. The work produced by the Donor Research Associate will be used in project execution and seen by clients, so a keen attention to detail is required. Though the job requirements will change for each project, the following areas of responsibility provide an overview of the type of work that this role will be responsible for delivering:
- Participate as a core member of the Non-Profit Services team to support fundraising strategy, campaign planning and campaign management projects.
- Collect and analyze donor data from clients; assist with developing recommendations based on data findings/trends.
- Conduct in-depth research (i.e. review of public records, giving history, community connections) to identify prospective donors for client projects.
- Produce detailed briefing documents summarizing research to share with Non-Profit Services team and clients.
- Produce regular and as-needed reports to share with Non-Profit Services team and clients.
- Manage data entry in excel and client CRM databases; update donor records within campaign tracking documents.
- Assist in managing Ignite Philanthropy’s internal CRM database by updating entries, running reports and other functions.
- Utilize database knowledge to evaluate client CRM practices and provide guidance as needed.
- Help coordinate and prepare for client, donor and stakeholder meetings.
- Participate in the development of donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies.
- Provide general support to the Non-Profit Services team and complete other duties as needed.
- Participate in a culture of learning by building personal knowledge base and applying learnings.
- Develop professional relationships and rapport with clients.
Skills and Attributes
Ignite Philanthropy seeks an individual who is inspired by the impact of the non-profit sector and is driven to deliver highly professional work. The Donor Research Associate will be working with a high-performance team in a fast-paced environment, and will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to proactively self-manage projects with minimal direction from team members.
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment to achieve objectives.
- Exceptional writing and professional communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to deliver work of the highest quality.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to balance demands of multiple client projects at the same time, while still reaching internal and external deadlines and goals.
- A willingness to accept feedback and a desire to constantly learn and improve.
- Experience in the non-profit sector, with an emphasis on experience in development or institutional advancement.
- Knowledge of the regional donor landscape sufficient to provide advice and input on donor prospecting.
- Strong quantitative data analysis and management skills.
- An advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, with the ability to structure and present data for analysis and presentation purposes.
- Strong experience with Customer Relationship Management software such as Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Donor Perfect, GiftWorks or other CRM software.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and interest in being part of a growing company.
- A bachelor’s degree and 3-4 years of work experience in a non-profit fundraising/development department, or a master’s degree and 1-2 years’ experience in a non-profit fundraising/development department.
- Candidates will have experience working with and a working knowledge of donor database systems and donor prospecting activities.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Competitive benefits package including parking stipend, paid vacation, health insurance and retirement contribution match after 1 year of employment.
Ignite Philanthropy is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Ignite Philanthropy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, military status, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other protected status.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to Bethany Monahan, email@example.com by 5:00 pm on June 8, 2018. Review of applications will begin in late May and continue on a rolling basis.