The Donor Relations Specialist is an integral part of Talbert House’s Development team, the Donor Relations Specialist will assist in cultivating and expanding relationships between the organization and its donors. The Donor Relations Specialist will help create, implement, manage and assess comprehensive donor relations plans to assist the Development unit reach its strategic fundraising goals. The job functions below are not intended to be comprehensive list.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Renew and increase gifts of individual donors by securing personal visits, creating cultivation and stewardship strategies.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of current donors and major gift prospects.
- Manage and promote giving societies and associated benefits
- Manage, plan and execute employee giving program and ensure special events are communicated.
- Coordinate internal grant proposals for Foundation of Talbert House.
- Confidently network at community events and build relationships that increase resources and public awareness of agency services.
- Works in coordination with the event coordinator to develop and implement strategic plans to convert annual donors, event attendees and agency vendors into major donors.
- Track donor relations and stewardship activities in the established databases.
- The above job functions are intended to describe the general nature of the position. The detailed position description will give more specific detail on duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree (management, communications, public relations, marketing or related field)
- 3 years fundraising experience
- Flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends
- Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently (written and oral)
- A valid driver’s license and current auto insurance may be required
- Demonstrated track record of meeting fundraiser goals
- Familiarity with identifying opportunities of foundation giving
Knowledge of Raisers Edge database is a plus
- Duties and additional experience or requirements may vary by position.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required, but do not encompass all potential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Talbert House employs, promotes and contracts without regards to race, gender, color, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, sex, religion, or genetic information. Talbert House is an EO/AA Employer/M/F/Protected Vet/Disabled & an equal provider of services.
Talbert House is a community-wide nonprofit network of social services with programs focusing on prevention, assessment, treatment and reintegration. Each year, Talbert House helps thousands of men, women and children across Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky overcome adversity to become healthy and productive citizens through programs in community corrections, mental health, substance abuse, welfare-to-work and housing.
WORK LOCATION: 2600 Victory Parkway
NORMAL WORK HOURS: 1st Shift
FLSA STATUS: Hourly Non-Exempt
JOB CODE: 00052 or 00054 – 106
Interested candidates apply on-line at http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?clientId=8a788267542cbe0d01543078db350131&id=8a78859e6005ecf801600e83aef22ad6&source=