The Freestore Foodbank is hiring! Due to a promotion within our External Relations Division, we are currently recruiting for a Donor Relations Officer! The position is located at 1141 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45202.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Responsible for leading a comprehensive donor relations and stewardship program which promotes interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels. The Officer will also develop and implement customized strategies for effective stewardship for key individual, foundation and corporate donors that will include proper reporting to donors and appropriate recognition and correspondence. With the Development Department’s Database Manager, manage the organization’s monthly donor program.
ENGAGEMENT, RECOGNITION AND STEWARDSHIP
Under the direction of the Director of Strategic Gifts and in collaboration with other team members:
Coordinate and execute a comprehensive donor engagement, recognition and stewardship plan to build donor trust through consistent and meaningful contact.
Produce customized communications and stewardship materials for key donors and supporters in order to deepen their understanding of and support of the Freestore Foodbank mission and to demonstrate gift impact.
Work with Events Manager to implement donor cultivation/recognition/stewardship events for the Freestore Foodbank’s gift recognition societies.
Develop and coordinate the implementation of all necessary acknowledgements required by the donor stewardship and engagement plan.
Coordinate production of materials needed for cultivation and recognition including, letters, invitations and donor lists. Create mailing and e-mailing lists as needed by the department.
Represent the Freestore Foodbank at speaking engagements with volunteers and other groups.
Will be needed occasionally on weekends and evenings at Freestore Foodbank events
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT AND SOLICITATION
Coordinate with Development Department’s Database Manager to manage the organization’s monthly donor program. Develop strategies and approaches to generate new monthly donors and upgrade existing monthly donors.
Manage the stewardship activities for donors that require stewardship moves only.
Make and/or coordinate personal thank you calls on donors who make $500-$999 gifts to the Freestore Foodbank
MANAGE AND MONITOR
Schedule and manage volunteers to assist with large mailings, acknowledgement calls and cards.
Monitor and analyze trends in donor stewardship and engagement practices and adjust strategies as appropriate.
AGENCY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 2 years of successful experience in fundraising or related experience, with emphasis on donor relations or stewardship.
- Strong writing, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) software.
- Motivated self-starter, attention to detail, strong planning, project management and organizational skills
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge or a similar donor management database software product.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to problem solve and analyze data.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must have valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Knowledge of fundraising for non-profit institutions with accountability for bottom line results.
Applicants must provide at least two writing samples, preferably cultivation/stewardship pieces for consideration.
Please apply at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/c538b744