Donor Relations Associate
Public Media Connect, the regional public television organization formed by the PBS stations of CET in Cincinnati and Think TV in Dayton has an opening for a Donor Relations Associate. The Donor Relations Associate will provide relationship management, solicitation, stewardship and administrative support for the major, planned and mid-level giving programs, assist in the management and execution of fundraising events and other projects, and other day to day tasks supporting Major, Planned and Midlevel Giving. This role reports to the Director, Major and Planned Giving and is based at our ThinkTV station in Dayton, Ohio. On occasion, will require hours to be worked outside the normal workday and commuting to our Cincinnati Station.
- Create and implement short, intermediate and long-term individual mid-level ($250-$999) gift donor strategies.
- Act as primary relationship manager for a large portfolio of individual prospects; playing lead role in stewardship, moves-management, soliciting and closing mid-level gifts. Note that the most of this relationship building will occur via phone and email.
- Make regular phone calls to donors (average 10 calls a day), with the purpose of asking them to upgrade their gift or join monthly donor program.
- Develop a ‘moves management’ program for mid-level donors, ultimately creating high-level prospects for the major donor team.
- Monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activity to achieve revenue goals.
- Track and reconcile all major and planned gifts monthly with Membership database and Finance team.
- Assist with review and verification of mid-level and major gift donor recognition lists.
- Collaborate with Membership team member to consistently improve our member database.
- Track and report relationship management activity including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospective and current donors.
- Manage the major donor renewal, thank you and acquisition mailings using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Conduct prospect research using online tools and analysis on current/prospective individuals and foundations.
- Assist in database annotation for major and planned giving donors and reference.
- Maintain Allegiance software with various donor information.
- Collaborate with various departments for events or other promotion activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualities :
- 2+ years of nonprofit fundraising experience preferred or 2+ years experience in relationship management and sales, or other related skills to fundraising, are also encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Entrepreneurial Sprit
- Detail oriented, strong time-management and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite computer skills required, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with a relational database such as Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge preferred but not required.
- Ability to smoothly work with multiple objectives simultaneously
- Skilled in consistently meeting deadlines
- Ability to anticipate problems and quickly solve them
- Strong customer-service skills
- Flexibility in hours of work as needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Location: This is a hybrid position, requiring in-office work a minimum of three days per week at the ThinkTV offices in Dayton.
If interested and qualified, please send your resume to email@example.com