The Director, Planned Giving is responsible for leadership of, and staff and volunteer support in developing, coordinating and managing the Planned Giving program for United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) and the United Way Worldwide system. This includes, but is not limited to, identifying, cultivating, and expanding significant individual donor relationships across United Way’s portfolio; ensuring development and execution of comprehensive relationship management strategies and the achievement of assigned growth, retention, participation, and revenue goals for the individuals within assigned portfolio; tailoring and executing initiatives necessary to establish and preserve United Way as the primary philanthropic conduit between individuals, their employers, and the communities in which they operate; and ensuring delivery of year-round engagement experience for all donors and volunteers.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develops, implements and manages program of deferred/planned giving supporting
- Establishes goals, objectives, policies, procedures and timetable for program’s development and implementation.
- Works closely with UWGC Foundation volunteers, Development Team, UWGC Executive Team and other United Way volunteers and staff to identify, cultivate and solicit planned gifts.
- Trains and mobilizes volunteers to meet with prospects to present the case for deferred/ planned giving.
- Solicits gifts personally in face-to-face meetings with prospects.
- Maintains current files on donor contacts, commitments, and necessary follow-up.
- Develops the recruitment and training of UWGC Foundation Directors.
- Prepares and conducts quarterly Foundation Board meetings to manage Foundation monies and to develop strategies for increasing endowment.
- Assists in coordinating with and providing input to cross-functional UWGC teams regarding planned giving work.
- Prepares reports and presentations to inform and train external stakeholders.
- Works in partnership with the Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) to implement a collaborative fundraising model that leverages the organization’s core competencies.
- Stewards Legacy Members.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with professional advisors.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE (UWW) COMMITMENTS
- Serves as UWW Major and Planned Giving Council Member-identifying, developing and sharing strategies for “Best Practices.” (May require travel.)
- Participates and presents on Tocqueville Legacy Circle Group Calls.
- Participates and presents on monthly/quarterly United Way Life Calls.
- Mentors and advises other planned giving programs.
- Ensures accuracy in reporting data to United Way Worldwide.
COMPETENCIES: Integrity, Dynamic Leadership, Strategic Planning, Communication Skills, Exceptional Relationship Building, Demonstrated Ability to Drive and Achieve Significant Results, Technologically Proficient
- Master’s degree in Business or similar discipline preferred or bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned disciplines, or equivalent experience.
- Eight or more years professional work experience, with five or more years previous experience in a fundraising, development, legal, sales, communication and/or public relations capacity required.
- Thorough working knowledge of relationship-based fund raising and/or deferred giving procedures and philosophies.
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills, with the proven ability to solicit information from others.
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
- Proven ability to create, grow and retain strong customer relationships.
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative relationships across organizations and work cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft office products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), required.
- Frequent local travel within the regional area, including occasional evenings and weekends.
Applicants should apply by Friday, May 10, 2019 via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.