The Director of Development, UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute (UCGNI) is responsible for planning, implementing and managing the fundraising for specific programs in the UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute. Heavy emphasis will be placed on developing relationships with grateful patients, community partners/organizations, alumni and faculty in an effort to secure funding to support the programs’ academic missions.
- Develop and implement plans for achieving projected dollar goals for assigned projects each year.
- Devise and execute strategies for qualifying and cultivating assigned prospects for special, major and deferred gifts through in-person solicitations.
- Build and qualify viable prospect lists for all projects, utilizing resources of UCFs Office of Prospect Research and through consultation with the appropriate College of Medicine/UC Health faculty, volunteers and UCF staff.
- Maintain an active schedule of personal visits with prospects.
- Provide guidance and support to volunteers involved with assigned fund-raising projects and develop strategies to train and recruit new volunteers.
- Ensure appropriate stewardship of gifts and donors.
- Maintain donor files and reports related to UCF, the College of Medicine and UC Health fund-raising programs.
- Complete other special assignments relating to awareness, involvement and support as requested by faculty, in close collaboration with the Assistant Vice President for Development, Academic Health Center & UC Health and the Senior Director of Development for the UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of fundraising experience, preferably in a medical or healthcare setting or advanced degree with 3-5 years of experience.
- Understanding of basic scientific principles.
- Record of successful gift solicitation and closure.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact favorably with a diverse group of individuals and to foster strong, productive relationships.
- Willingness to travel and attend evening and weekend activities as needed. Valid driver’s license required for travel.
- A commitment to and passion for the role of development in advancing the mission of the University of Cincinnati and UC Health.