The Director of Development (DoD) works directly with the Executive Director and Director of Operations to sustain and grow Envision Children’s fundraising program. The Director of Development for the organization should be an experienced, entrepreneurial, articulate and highly motivated professional with at least five years of experience in the non-profit fund development field. The DoD will foster relationships with key funding organizations and influential/philanthropic individuals to create enduring partnerships with Envision Children. He/she will be held accountable for cycling those relationships inside a moves management system toward new sponsorships, grants and individual philanthropic gifts to the Organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute an 18-month Fundraising Plan (July 2021-December 2022), to include donor acquisition, prospect research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies to increase revenues in support of Envision Children and its mission.
- Create annual giving programs to support all of the Organization’s revenue streams: Major Gifts (Individual, Corporate Sponsorships, and Foundation Giving); Mid-level (African American Families for Educational Excellence: Moving small gifts to larger gifts (i.e. monthly donor program); and Broad-based support: Direct Mail, Online Giving, and fundraising campaigns through Social Media.
- Formulate/maintain VIP cultivation, communications, solicitations, and follow up strategies, to include the Organization’s Board of Directors and other key public leaders.
- Work with the Board of Directors to maximize their personal and professional fundraising contributions.
- Sustain and expand the Organization’s in-kind revenue opportunities.
- Lead the Organization’s solicitation and implementation of any fundraising executables in conjunction with Envision Children’s 2021-2022 signature fundraising events (Lighting the Way and Red Carpet).
- Augment current Little Green Light’s fundraising system capabilities, and develop and maintain a prospect profile, strategy and tracking/priority system.
- Support the Executive Director and Director of Operations in any development and fundraising activities and donor follow up.
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Supervise the Grant Writing Consultant and help identify grant opportunities and coordinate with other members of the Envision Children team to draft the grant application.
- Develop and gain approval for an annual income and expenditure budget for the fund development program.
- Monitor development expenses and analyze budget reports on fundraising; recommend changes and adapt as necessary.
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditure related to fundraising and the management of the fund development activities.
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in marketing, public affairs, fund development or related discipline.
- Experience: Minimum five years of non-profit fund development.
- Proven track record of achieving fund development goals; in-depth knowledge of fundraising management systems, major gift cultivation and stewardship, and grant proposal processes.
- Communication skills: excellent written and verbal communications skills, with demonstrated ability to create clear and persuasive communications in both traditional and digital formats.
- Software Proficiency: Adept at Microsoft Office products, and experience with Little Green Light, or similar CRM/Development databases.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset.
Salary Range: $65,000-$80,000
Interested candidates please email firstname.lastname@example.org