The Director of Development works under the direction of the Executive Director of the Cincinnati Parks Foundation providing leadership and support to the Board of Directors and its fundraising initiatives. This leadership position is responsible to lead the Fundraising Committee of the Foundation’s Board of Directors – to ensure all fundraising activities are strategically aligned with the organization’s Strategic Plan. Acts as a primary coordinator of sponsorship for the annual Hats Off Luncheon. Oversight and coordination with the Development Associate and Executive Director on The Women’s Committee’s recruitment & fundraising. Responsible to work in conjunction with the Executive Director for all general development activities throughout the year. In addition, the Development Director will work directly with a Development Associate. Both positions report to the Executive Director.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Align, develop and coordinate fundraising strategies amongst all mission focused work
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to cultivate relationships
- Help grow the Foundation’s annual fund campaign including management of mailings and support of follow-up to donors
- Oversee and manage sponsorship asks with support from team and committee volunteers for Hats Off Luncheon, Golf Outing, Emerging Leaders Event Series and other events hosted by the Cincinnati Parks Foundation
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director on coordination of capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Oversee donor database and tracking systems with team.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and good judgement at all times
- Perform other related duties as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required in Communications, Journalism, Business, Marketing, non-profit management or related field
- 8-10 years or more years required in development/fundraising
- Must embrace the mission of the Cincinnati Parks Foundation.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with Foundation team, Board of Directors, Park Board staff, Park Commissioners, donors and volunteers.
- Have strong knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques for annual fund gifts, event sponsorship and donor cultivation.
- Be organized and exhibit follow-through on goals and tasks.
- Display a positive attitude, ability to maintain composure, practice sound judgement, problem solve, critically think, promote a spirit of cooperation and diplomacy and communicate effectively and professionally in high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Established, excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including proofreading
- Strong organizational, analytical and prioritization skills
- Must be self-directed and able to effectively manage priorities and projects
- Possess a high level of integrity and motivation
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office
- Experience with donor relations management software required
Standard office environment with administrative tasks associated with position. Long periods sitting. Use of computer terminal. Occasional standing, bending and stooping. Ability to lift 35 pounds. Core hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Occasional weekends and evenings as necessary. Local travel by automobile required. Cincinnati Parks Foundation offers a competitive salary based on experience.
Interested candidates please email email@example.com