The Director of Annual Giving will lead the effort to grow the Foundation’s individual Membership program and individual donor program (emphasis on gifts < $2500). The goal will be to broaden the base of support for the Foundation. He/she will be responsible for the Friends Membership Program; the Legacy Data Plate Program; targeted appeals; the annual CFC campaign; and direct mail, online, and social media appeals. He/she will also oversee data management and analytical/reporting tools to track member/donor activity and increase the effectiveness of solicitation efforts. This position works under the general supervision of the Chief Development Officer.
The Director of Annual Giving will organize and implement a continually growing membership, annual fund, and philanthropic fundraising program as follows:
- With the Development team, develop and implement an Annual Fund Program that is part of a continuum of giving opportunities progressing from membership to annual, major, and planned giving opportunities.
- Develop and implement direct mail, online and social media appeals to generate support based on short-, intermediate-, and long-term goals of the organization.
- Use standardized and creative methods to attract, enroll, retain, and upgrade a growing number of members to the Foundation.
- Maintain a sequential array of membership levels. Strive to enroll a wide variety of members and to encourage continual consideration of greater financial support. Use appropriate stewardship, engagement, and contributor recognition events to assist in retention and upgrade.
- In conjunction with the Chief Development Officer (CDO), determine annual goals and execute an annual financial plan.
- Maintain a process for gift processing and recording that is smooth, simple, and effective.
- Solicit member feedback and produce periodic financial reports to continually assess program effectiveness.
- Provide oversight for Foundation Volunteer Program and act as the AFMF Volunteer Coordinator. Working with NMUSAF Volunteer Coordinator, recruit volunteers to work at Membership acquisition locations and additional Development office support. Train and on-board volunteers to effectively acquire new members and renew/upgrade current members. Ensure volunteer staffing requirements are met. Invest in continual process improvements for overall volunteer program. Perform morning and afternoon procedures to set up membership desk for volunteers.
- In collaboration with Development and Marketing team, contribute to the development of Friends Journal and help ensure its delivery to constituents.
- Manage the Legacy Data Plate Program. Maintain a website to promote data plate sales and include the opportunity to post information about the individual being honored (online videos, biographies, photos, etc.). Maintain processes for the purchase and installation of data plates and related mementos. Provide certificates and other mementos for customers. If purchased outside of a membership, develop a method to encourage the purchaser to become a member.
- Maintain a simple and effective means for cultivating, stewarding, and recognizing Annual Fund donors.
- Integrate the membership appeal into the Foundation’s broader appeal for support, presenting individuals with a variety of opportunities to support the Foundation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Values: Incumbent must agree to adhere to the Air Force Museum Foundation’s Core Values:
- Honor the relationship
- Passionate about the work and the mission
- Invest in ourselves
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years of fundraising experience, with experience in membership programs.
Strong written and oral communication skills; customer-focused; service-oriented.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and database programs. Knowledge of internet and website technology. Preference given to candidates with social media/networking experience.
- Self-motivated with the ability to exercise considerable independence in the performance of day-to-day duties.
Honest and dependable; organized; able to perform under pressure; and a team player.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
Adherence to strict confidentiality of member and donor-related information, as well as all gift information files, documents, and reports.
Interested candidates please apply via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Air Force Museum Foundation performs background checks on 100% of its employees prior to hiring. Incumbent must be willing to submit to a background check.
The National Museum of the USAF is open seven (7) days a week. Incumbent must be able to work to meet those needs, as necessary.