At OneSight we are unleashing the potential of 1.1 Billion people. Clear vision reveals to each of us what we are capable of doing and becoming. But the reality is, 1 in 7 people in the world lack access to vision care. And we know that this makes it a struggle for those who need glasses to meet even the most basic needs of living. For some, vision care may be too far, too expensive or there are too many obstacles in the way. At OneSight, we’re changing that. We have the solution. We know it works. And how we are hiring new team members to partner with us to deliver our mission. For more information on OneSight visit www.OneSight.org.
The Director of Global Development will participate in the development and execution of OneSight’s Income Development Strategy. This role will provide leadership, direction and coordination to strengthen and expand funding from corporations and foundations.
Primary responsibilities include prospecting, relationship/ network building, setting pitch meetings, writing proposals and grants, budget management and donor stewardship. The Director of Global Development will work closely with the OneSight Programming and Marketing teams to fulfill funded partnerships and maximize funding opportunities. S/he will also manage a small team of direct reports and contractors.
This position is accountable for significant revenue targets and will influence the strategic implementation of global initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in fundraising and/or sales and relationship management.
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a key member of the development team by influencing strategy, setting best practices and driving plans to accomplish global financial goals.
- Research and identify global pipeline for corporate, foundation funding opportunities.
- Ensure the timely completion of all corporate and foundation proposals, applications and required reporting.
- Develop written proposals, gift agreements and other appropriate correspondence necessary to close and document new gifts and commitments.
- Manage and coach direct reports to meet annual performance expectations and OneSight goals.
- Activate corporate strategies to maximize funding opportunities through employee giving, corporate sponsorship, employee engagement and customer giving.
- Build new relationships and partnership collaborations with foundations and government funders.
- Support the execution of annual golf outing and leverage event to bring in new funders.
- Activate proper donor stewardship and acknowledgment process for all corporate and foundation supporters, ensuring deliverables are met as agreed upon in accepted proposals.
- Develop monthly revenue projections and provide financial analysis to leadership and key stakeholders.
- Willingness to perform other development activities, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Fundraising or related field.
- Occasional travel required to meet with key stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 7-10+ years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising role, with a proven track record of success.
- A strong working knowledge of strategy development and moves management systems in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse individuals, including executives, high-level volunteers, donors, and internal stakeholders and leadership.
- Proven strength in being able to problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking, and taking initiative with consistent and good follow-through.
- Experience in managing, evaluating and coaching direct reports to maximize potential.
- Great comfort level with direct donor interaction is a must, including discussions that include directly making an ask for a financial commitment.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and donors in order to develop strong relationships between donors and OneSight.
- An independent, fast-paced self-starter with exceptional communication and written skills and a proven track-record for securing and increasing corporate and foundation support.
- Constructively challenges the process and takes the initiative to search for opportunities to grow, improve & innovate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Individual Giving (online giving, donor advised funds, major gifts) experience is a plus.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.
At OneSight, we’re creating a world where a lack of access to vision care is no longer a barrier to human achievement and possibility. We know everyone deserves quality vision care. So, we meet them where they are, making care affordable and close to home.
Meeting our employees where they are is also part of OneSight. OneSight provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law. Come join us.
Salary Range: $120,000 – $125,000