Cardinal Land Conservancy Inc. (“CLC”) is an Ohio non-profit corporation whose mission is: “To preserve natural habitats, waterways and productive lands we love in southwest Ohio by working with individuals, families and communities.” Cardinal works in seven counties in southwest Ohio to preserve agricultural lands through conservation easements as well as purchasing lands important for conservation to own and manage for the public benefit. We continuously seek to attract new members and donors through communications and events throughout the region to help us achieve tangible, lasting results at scale.
Development Manager Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Membership Support- Organize, grow and maintain membership by doing outreach in all forms–verbal, written, electronic. Electronic communication includes engagement on social media as well as website creative input and updating.
- Manager is responsible for organizing and running membership events, in cooperation with the Executive Director.
- Fundraising/Development Support– Assist and guide Development Committee with enhancing and implementing the fundraising plan in line with CLC’s strategic plan. This includes organizing and executing member and fundraising events and new donor outreach. Create and strengthen personal relationships with donors.
- Financial Support – Ensure that member records are correct and up-to-date. Manager oversees member communications and renewals. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts as well as planned and annual giving campaigns.
- Community Outreach – Build strong and successful relationships with individuals and groups in Cardinal’s service area. Partnerships in event planning is strongly encouraged.
- Administrative Support – Assist with minor administrative duties to support the work of CLC including filing, record-keeping etc.
Work Hours and Benefits
This position is considered full-time with a salary range of $35,000 – $40,000 per year. Hours worked should be 40 hours per week with paid federal holidays. Professional development opportunities are encouraged and supported by Cardinal and hours are flexible including working from home when necessary. At this time, health and retirement benefits are not offered by Cardinal. Approved travel expenses will be reimbursed by submitting an expense report to the Finance Committee. This employee is classified as an At-Will employee.
- Experience with fundraising and building long-term relationships to financial supporters
- Experience asking for gifts from individuals
- Experience managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors
- Strong interpersonal skills. Should be comfortable engaging a variety of personality types
- Exceptional ethics and integrity
- Strong organization and communication skills with attention to detail. Should be able to produce written materials for a variety of audiences and occasions. Must communicate in a professional manner with landowners and members on phone, and facilitate small groups in person.
- Three to Five years of experience with written and verbal communication.
- Facilitation Skills. The employee will be expected to delegate tasks to the board, staff, and volunteers.
- Attention to detail. The employee should have to skills to implement existing and create a new SOP.
- Experience supervising small groups in the workplace
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fundraising experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Experience with fundraising software – DonorPerfect preferred
- Grant writing experience
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with WordPress and various social media platforms
How To Apply
Position open immediately. Please submit a cover letter and resume and sample of writing to email@example.com. The Development Manager will be based out of our Milford, Ohio office. Position open until filled.