Job ID:6745 – Unclassified – FT
The Development Coordinator for Intercollegiate Athletics will help advance the mission of Miami University by assisting with the events and day-to-day operations of the Athletic Development Office with the goal to generate/increase revenues, enhance the game day experience, and improve events and hospitality efforts.
The position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with over 200,000 alumni and 20,000 enrolled students. These students major in over a 120 different fields of study. With its close proximity to the city of Cincinnati coupled with a nationally recognized excellence in undergraduate education there is a significant opportunity to increase all measures of support from alumni, friends, and corporate and foundation partners. As the university looks to embark upon its next comprehensive campaign, a robust and high functioning development team will play a critical role in the success of that effort.
- Lead successful execution of Athletic Development events, specifically focusing on enhancing revenue generating events and sport alumni weekends
- Collaborate with sport liaisons and coaching staffs to coordinate all sport alumni events/weekend to lead all communication and execution of those events
- Develop standardized processes to ensure efficiency and success of events
- Perform daily development office operations
- Assist with external communication and social media efforts for the Red & White Club (i.e. e-Newsletter, Website, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Assist with the coordination of marketing materials, including brochures, renewals, and other printed materials
- Assist with the coordination of donor based seating and parking in collaboration with the ticketing office, Aspire Group and marketing team
- Assist and direct special projects, including phone-a-thons, loyalty point calculations, family welcome packets, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the Annual Giving office and other areas critical to the overall success of the Athletic Development office
- Serve as liaison from Athletic Development to Alumni Association and other University Divisions to help expand connectivity between athletic events and alumni nationwide
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Athletic Director & Senior
- Director of Development
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience, an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered (internships, volunteer work, and other experience gained during the completion of a degree program may be counted towards these requirements).
- Exhibit outstanding customer service, including strong organizational, written, and verbal skills.
- Willingness to travel and the ability to attend evening and weekend events.
- Must be able to adhere to NCAA, conference, and institutional policies and procedures.
- Master’s Degree.
- Previous athletic development, events, ticketing, or marketing experience. Athletic donor database management experience (i.e. NeuLion, Paciolan, Banner, etc.).
To learn more and apply, please visit: https://miamioh.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=6745&job=development-coordinator-for-intercollegiate-athletics-events-operations
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.