Children, Inc.’s Development Coordinator is responsible for managing the donor database, special event support and tactical execution and support for a comprehensive annual giving program. Responsibilities also include supporting the Development Department with data and processes to achieve fundraising goals. This position ensures best practices in gift acknowledgment and processing, data management and donor relations; ensures the integrity of donor records; provides process and operation support, and is a critical part of a 6-member fund development team.
- Maintain the integrity of the Salsa database, ensuring processes, standards and controls are in place; data is correct and current staff is properly trained.
- Enter gifts into Salsa ensuring accurate coding and data entry and timely processing of all acknowledgment and thank you letters. Send pledge reminders, notify fund development staff of outstanding pledges and assist with follow up plan.
- Produce fundraising reports, queries and donor analytic reports; assist with analytical trend and end of campaign reports.
- Support all fund development special events through registration, invitations, logistics and auction and sponsorship processing. Attend events as required.
- Coordinate and manage the annual appeal process. Create lists and prepare and send mass mailings for annual appeals, events and cultivations as required. Implement multi-channel approaches to annual campaign including social, email and phone.
- Maintain records, calendar and schedule relative to submission/decline/acceptance of all grants and foundations. Manage delivery and writing of grants and grant reports in partnership with content experts and program directors.
- Research possible funders for Children, Inc.’s various programs needing grant support.
- Serve as primary Development contact with the finance department to ensure all records and reporting is in accordance with best practice accounting principles. Complete monthly finance reconciliation and identify and correct discrepancies.
- Provide general and event support to the fund development staff; meet regularly with staff to discuss plan of work and goals and to keep current on activities, initiatives and programs.
- Ensure database provides required information for planning and is used to its fullest capacity.
To apply for this job email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.