JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF Southwest Ohio is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and covers a 43-county territory. As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact in supporting the JDRF mission through the management and execution of fundraising events.
The Development Coordinator role is an opportunity to join a strong JDRF Southwest Ohio chapter team and work closely with volunteers increase the reach and impact of the Chapter. In this role, the selected candidate will be responsible for managing a variety of fundraising programs and events.
- Support and maintain the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of JDRF.
- Coordinate, evaluate and expand assigned fundraising programs in partnership with the staff and volunteer team.
- Develop plans for assigned activities, including goals, objectives and follow-up.
- Identify, solicit, recruit and develop volunteers for all assigned committees of the chapter.
- Plan and coordinate meetings, agendas, and activities and participate in the budgeting and forecasting process for assigned programs.
- Ensure that the logistics and budget/timelines are met for each assigned activity.
- Ensure accurate recording of information in database, file system, and/or records.
- Interface with and serve as a liaison for all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Maintain steady communication between team members and committee leaders in the process of engaging volunteers.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of fundraising or sales experience with a bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be a self-starter with a positive attitude while also being collaborative and a strong team player.
- Ability to interface with a diverse and large population of volunteers.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building and networking skills.
- Active listening, analytical, and problem solving skills with an outgoing personality.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced and regularly changing environment.
- Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to travel locally required, with evening and weekend work required (for events and committee meetings) as needed.
- Candidates may reside in the Cincinnati or Dayton metropolitan areas.
If you’d like to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to JDRF by clicking the job URL http://smrtr.io/YzU5OQ
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted.
No staffing agencies please.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.