The Development Assistant is a full-time position that assists in all aspects of development. This position will provide administrative support to the Director of Development and/or Producing Artistic Director, as they cultivate major donors, secure sponsorships, and plan special events.
- Maintain all functions of the donor database
- Process all donations and thank you letters
- Project manage all components of special events
- Track and invoice all pledges and payments on pledges
- Prepare agenda for and attend Development Committee Meeting
- Maintain a grant application calendar for all grant requests and reports
- Research and prepare grant proposals and reports by predetermined deadlines
- Perform grant administration functions such as: budget amendments, program changes, evaluations, updating the DataArts Profile, etc.
- Maintain annual appeal calendar
- Prepare and oversee the creating, printing, and mailing of all solicitation materials
- Maintain and update support materials, cases for support, and other solicitation materials
- Assist in the coordination of meetings with sponsors or major donors
- Communicate with sponsors regarding benefits, deadlines, and signed pledge forms
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. This position requires: excellent writing skills; strong computer skills; outstanding organization and communication skills including being comfortable dealing with the public and interacting with donors; attention to detail and accuracy; cooperative attitude and willingness to learn and assist others; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage time in order to meet important deadlines; and ability to work autonomously and solve problems with minimal supervision. Knowledge of local arts community and passion for the arts is preferred. The ideal candidate will also have his or her own transportation.
This is a full-time, salaried position with competitive benefits. Additional hours on evenings and weekends will be required.
Interested candidates, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm September 29, 2017.