Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Position: Development Assistant
Reports to: Director of Institutional Giving
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt, Hourly position
Pay: $17.51 /hour
The Development Assistant serves as key administrative support for the development team. Under the supervision of the Director of Institutional Giving, the Development Assistant will coordinate the benefit fulfillment, donor recognition, and letter generation for all institutional giving support, as well as event support and logistics, and other general department support. Evening and weekend hours are sometimes required. This position is a full-time, hourly position with benefits.
Reports to: Director of Institutional Giving
Sponsor Benefit Fulfillment (60%)
- Work with the Director of Institutional Giving to steward current institutional donors to the Playhouse. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- contract distribution after agreement has been finalized;
- compilation of corporate and foundation proposals for submission;
- meeting scheduling, confirmation, and preparation;
- mailing preparation to solicit new donors; and
- Assist with benefit fulfillment to sponsors and institutional donors. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- ticket scheduling and distribution;
- recognition confirmation, including collection of advertisements/logos for and review of playbills and other materials that recognize institutions;
- delivery of discount codes and show information to sponsors;
- thank-you gift and recognition process
- Complete ArtsWave semiannual reports and proof of recognition
- Maintain and steward relationship with local Legislators through letters and targeted outreach
Administrative Support (10%)
- Assist on gathering project data and attachments for grant proposals
- Prospect research, edit and review institutional giving materials such as playbills, letters, proposals etc.
- Fill in for Individual Giving Assistant (gift entry, acknowledgment letters) as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Event Support (30%)
- Assist with the planning and execution of events at the Playhouse; duties include benefit delivery, RSVP and meal selection, registration table, event setup/strike, and other duties as needed.
- Lead all logistics of Donor Lounges.
- Minimum 1-2 years of nonprofit development or administrative experience preferred.
- Strong, demonstrated organizational and project management skills including careful attention to detail required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills including high proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Experience with development software, database programs and/or Tessitura highly desirable.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to successfully manage several priorities on a regular basis.
- A desire to be an integral member of a high-functioning development team.
- A passion for theatre and/or the arts is highly desirable.
- Minimum associate’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position is partially sedentary, and the employee is required to regularly talk and hear.
The physical expectations described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or expectations of this position. Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park reserves the right to revise or amend this description based on business needs or changes to the work environment.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Submit your cover letter and resume with three references to:
To Apply: Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with three (3) references to Mary Kay Koehler, Director of Institutional Giving, at MaryKay.Koehler@cincyplay.com and cc Amy Stier at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be filled as soon as the successful candidate is identified. No phone calls, please.