For 111 years, the Legal Aid Society has made a difference in our community by providing free civil legal assistance to low-income children and families to help them achieve economic security and family stability. We have an immediate need for a full-time Development Assistant in our Development & Communications department. This is an opportunity to be a key contributor in a dynamic, fast-paced, goal-oriented unit to generate financial resources, raise visibility and awareness of Legal Aid, and communicate our mission with partner agencies, funders, donors, volunteers, and clients. Visit our website at www.lascinti.org for more information about Legal Aid.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the DonorPerfect database including data entry, producing queries and reports. Maintain accuracy of the database via frequent updates
- Manage the donor recognition system promptly and accurately, including drafting donor acknowledgement letters
- Manage Proposal submission and reporting for United Way and City of Cincinnati Human Services Grants
- Provide administrative support for the Director of Development and Communication and, as needed, for the Executive Director by proficient and accurate word processing to support correspondence, grant proposals, and managing other project-related tasks
- Oversee the Grants Management system including tracking grant and grant reporting deadlines and following up with those responsible for meeting them
- Draft cover letters and assemble packets for proposals and reports, coordinate online proposal submissions
- Assist in the completion of fundraising appeals, and communications materials (generating lists, drafting copy, proofreading, production, etc.)
- Responsible for edits and uploads to the Legal Aid and VLP websites
- Assist in the creation of social media, newsletter, and email communications
- Provide support for occasional development events outside of regular work schedule
The successful applicant will meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
- Experience in a non-profit Development environment is preferred as is experience in a non-profit communications role
- Proficient in database management; specific experience with DonorPerfect is a plus
- Expert on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe Pro
- Experience with WordPress or another content management system; Constant Contact or other e-mail marketing tools; netor other photo shop tools; familiarity with Canva, indesign, Access and Crystal is a plus
- Strong time management and organizational skills as well as ability to work independently, follow through effectively on projects, and maintain accuracy under pressure
- Must be bondable
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
Work hours are 8:45 AM – 5:15 PM, Monday through Friday, with one hour for lunch (37.5 hours/week). Occasional evening event support is required. Legal Aid offers a competitive salary, dependent on experience, and an excellent benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter explaining the reasons for your interest in our position
- Current resume
- Contact information for 2 professional references.
In the subject line of your email add: Attn: Development Assistant Hiring
All applications will be acknowledged. Please do not call.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.