At Beech Acres Parenting Center, we uncover the natural gifts of children by unleashing the power of parents and caregivers. As a contemporary parenting center, Beech Acres serves over 30,000 people annually through a wide range of services including foster care, kinship care, adoption, behavioral health support in schools, parent coaching and much more. All of our programs are founded in our Natural Strength Parenting (TM) framework which enables parents to unlock their own potential by building on their unique strengths. For more information, visit www.beechacres.org
We’re a spirited team that believes in having fun and making an impact in our community and beyond. Beech Acres offers competitive salaries, generous paid time off, and a comprehensive training program to support you in your journey. We’ve built a culture that values each employees’ unique strengths and is welcoming and inclusive for all. We’ve recently implemented an exciting new strategic vision for the organization that will guide us through the next three years and beyond. Come be part of positive change happening in schools, pediatric offices, workplaces, the community, and the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Fundraising and Development Manager will play a crucial role in Beech Acres’ development department, working closely with the Vice President of Development and other members of the development team to develop and execute fundraising strategies that support the organization’s mission and grow our fundraising goals. The Fundraising and Development Manager is one of the chief fundraisers for Beech Acres and is therefore responsible for meeting specific contributed income goals as outlined in the annual budget.
We are excited to expand and elevate our team with a fearless fundraiser capable of genuinely connecting with individuals, corporations, and foundations. The Fundraising and Development Manager will work closely with each member of the Development team in planning and implementing fundraising strategies, as well as identifying, soliciting, and stewarding financial gifts that power our mission. New and creative ideas with innovative practices are encouraged and welcomed in this work.
This experienced development professional will comfortably and efficiently craft a comprehensive, broad-based, diverse, and inclusive giving program to build and grow an already strong donor base. Our Development and Fundraising Manager will accomplish this by consistently hitting key metrics, including dollars raised and number of meaningful contacts made. Synergy of marketing, public relations, donor cultivation, and fundraising activities is key in this role to drive an increase in public awareness that results in unrestricted financial resources for the agency.
- Manage a portfolio of individual donors and prospects as part of the overall major gifts program and execute for success.
- Identify new donors and organizes initiatives to solicit funding.
- Assist in the implementation of effective fundraising strategies, donor solicitation, proposal development, and stewardship with a particular focus on growing individual giving.
- Support the day-to-day development operations of Beech Acres to ensure effectiveness, efficiency, and impact.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies for individual, corporate, foundation and government sources.
- Work collaboratively with the development team to develop and execute fundraising appeals, including direct mail and online campaigns.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with donors and stakeholders, ensuring their ongoing engagement with the organization.
- Attend networking events and represent the organization to external stakeholders and potential donors.
- Provide effective leadership to meet the communications and fundraising needs of the agency while maintaining a focus on the agency mission.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business, communications, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience in the non-profit sector, with a proven track record of success and growth in fundraising and development.
- Planning, strong management, and execution of Development Strategies: donor stewardship, move management, major gifts, direct mail and marketing, annual fund campaigns, special events, social enterprise revenue, and planned giving.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission and fundraising goals to donors and stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with donors and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in donor management software and other fundraising technology.
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices and regulations.
- Direct Solicitation experience.
To apply to join our team: https://careers-beechacres.
Beech Acres is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BAPC provides equal employment opportunities (“EEO”) to all persons, consistent with applicable federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, religion, ancestry, military or veteran status, color, national origin, or any other applicable statutorily protected group status under local, state, or federal law. This applies to all phases of the employment relationship including recruitment, hiring, compensation, advancement, and discipline.