The Hyde Park Center for Older Adults seeks a full-time Development & Communications Director to manage our fundraising initiatives and oversee our donor relations program. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing our non-profit’s fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a strong development program to fuel the future growth of our organization. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts, planned and annual campaigns and special events. If you have a background in non-profit fundraising and development and have a passion for enhancing the lives of older adults and creating strong community engagement, we invite you to apply.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and implements methods for fundraising including; annual campaign, major gifts, planned giving, grant proposals and special events.
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships. Maintain on-going communications with private and corporate donors.
- Responsible for editing and distribution of monthly newsletter and maintaining mailing list.
- Staff the Board Development Committee. Responsible for creating agendas, communicating with members and maintaining committee minutes.
- Work collaboratively and creatively with the Executive Director to create development budget and set goals for fundraising, marketing and publicity.
- Collaborate with staff, board and volunteers on the management and planning of fundraising events and donor receptions
- Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising and marketing of our services.
- Manage gift processing, donor acknowledgment, donor data base and any accompanying information systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years fundraising experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with fundraising software
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Foundation experience and grant writing experience preferred
- Desire to create impact and community engagement
Interested candidates please email firstname.lastname@example.org