Job ID: 5252 – Unclassified – FT (Salary)
The position of Associate Director, Gifts and Records Processing, has a primary function of supervising the data entry staff and managing the gift processing and record entry functions. The gift processing and records department is responsible for the receiving, recording, and depositing all funds designated as gifts to the University in a timely, accurate and efficient manner, providing information for acknowledgements of gifts, reports and other necessary items.
- Manage and supervise daily functions of the gift processing staff. Specific supervisory duties include establishing goals and objectives, conducting performance reviews, and providing training.
- Oversee deposit and data entry for complex transactions including the sale of securities gifts; non-gift revenue; pledge payments, reminders and uncollected pledges; and the matching gift processing
- Serve as the contact person in communicating with donors and internal/external partners
- Maintain Policy and Procedure manual for gift processing area
- Reconcile a variety of accounting reports as needed, and verify the weekly and monthly accounting feeds
- Act as the University liaison with various banking partners
- Oversee the printing and correction of daily gift receipts and end of the year giving statements
- Train divisional support staff in using and updating Banner records
- Serve as the liaison with internal and external auditors to provide information
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two or more years of relevant experience
- Requires experience working with complex databases
- Strong ability with MS Office Suite including Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational and communication skills including a strong ability to work with people including donors and staff
- Supervisory experience
- Banner experience or experience with databases in a non-profit setting
- Experience with the Miami University accounting system
- Experience with fund accounting
- Experience in a University setting
- Experience with IRS laws governing charitable giving
For a complete position description and to apply, please visit:
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed toADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.