The Cincinnati Art Museum is seeking a qualified candidate for the Associate Director of Development- Grants and Foundations position in the Development department of the Cincinnati Art Museum.
Position Summary and General Job Functions:
Working closely with the Development team and museum program staff, the Associate Director of Development- Grants and Foundation plans and manages the Art Museum’s fundraising efforts related to foundations and government grant-making entities, as well as the ArtsWave to achieve operating goals and to secure grants for special initiatives as assigned by the Director of the Art Museum.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Researches foundations and government grant programs. Disseminate useful findings to appropriate staff and match opportunities to Art Museum priorities, including exhibitions, conservation, educational programs, and capital projects.
- Maintains multi-year plan for solicitations of foundations at the regional and national levels and government grant programs at the state and federal levels.
- Develops grant proposals and reports in partnership with program staff (curator, educator, etc.).
- Advises museum program staff of action steps to remain in compliance with grants.
- Manages all requirements of ArtsWave, Ohio Arts Council, and City of Cincinnati operating support grants.
- Coordinates efforts to introduce new foundations to the Museum.
- Coordinates good relations with foundation staff and trustees through ongoing stewardship activities, including progress and final reports, site visits, and event invitations.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Development.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher from accredited college or university is essential and three (3) years related experience. A proven ability to work successfully with others to achieve institutional objectives
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and a good working knowledge of database, word processing, and the use of the Internet for research and grant applications.
- Must be able to write accurate and persuasive grant proposals, progress reports and program summaries, essential. Must present information effectively and respond to questions from museum staff and grant makers, essential.
- Must meet deadlines and be extremely proactive and self-motivated to achieve department and institutional goals, as well as be highly organized and pay strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the knowledge of the grant making activities in the museum field, as well as a visual arts and/or arts education helpful.
Apply for Associate Director of Development – Grants using the link below:
Position is open until filled. No phone calls please.
The Cincinnati Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.