The Annual Giving Gift Officer reports to the Director of Annual Giving and works with internal colleagues and external stakeholders across the university to qualify, acquire, cultivate and solicit donors with the capacity to contribute $250 – $4,999. This position is critical to the overall success of university fundraising, facilitating a more enhanced donor experience. This position qualifies and engages with prospective donors identified through prospect research, data analysis and referrals. Additionally, this Gift Officer will further discover and confirm a prospective donor’s capacity and inclination to make a major gift to build a pipeline of high-level annual donors through in-person and digital interactions.
- Responsible for the direct solicitation of leadership annual gifts ($250 – $4999.00). Meet with prospects in-person or digitally to steward, cultivate, solicit and/or generate leads. Document and maintain timely and quality records in the donor database (Raiser’s Edge NXT).
- Collaborate with prospect research, annual giving, directors of development, donor relations, advancement services and other programs to develop and maintain a portfolio of leadership, loyal and highly engaged annual donors.
- Serve as a concierge of development, answering incoming phone calls, letters, texts, or emails received through annual giving. Duties may include helping donors make a gift, answering questions, thanking donors or developing engagement opportunities.
- Serve as primary annual giving project lead for President’s Society (leadership donors) and assist with the Loyal Norse Society (3 yr+ consecutive giving). Work closely with donor relations to execute stewardship plans per society.
- Research prospects to discover interests and passion that could lead to more meaningful relationships and customize their experiences with the university.
- When appropriate, coordinate prospect cultivation with Major Gift Officers as donor’s engagement with NKU grows.
- Assist in planning and executing various annual giving fundraising efforts, including, but not limited to, Founders’ Day and Giving Tuesday.
- Assist in managing a process for assessment, tracking, and reporting annual giving participation to measure program effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience required
- Word, Outlook, Excel, SAP and Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Strong written communication skills to prepare and edit effective correspondence, proposals, and persuasive solicitation materials for individuals and groups
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships to deliver measurable results
- Close attention to detail, managing multiple projects at once
- Effectively engage donors digitally through phone, text, email, and social media
- Ability to problem solve and generate creative solutions to maintain and strengthen high-quality relationships with donors
- Exceptional ethics and integrity, ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality
- Must have passion for philanthropy, higher education, NKU, and the community that it serves
Salary Range: $44,000 – $52,000
Interested candidates please apply online https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10493