Job Summary: Job ID: 5289 – Unclassified -FT (Salary)
This position is responsible for planning and executing a comprehensive donor acknowledgment program to enhance the relationship between Miami University and its generous donors. This position ensures that donors are appropriately thanked through timely and meaningful expressions of gratitude. The position collaborates with development officers, supports campus partners in their acknowledgment efforts, and supports other donor communication projects. The position is an integral member of the Stewardship & Donor Relations team and reports to the Director of Donor Relations.
- Manage an efficient and timely gift acknowledgment process that ensures all donors are thanked in an appropriate, consistent, and meaningful way.
- Write personal gift acknowledgment letters and other correspondence to the university’s top supporters on a daily basis on behalf of the President and the Senior Vice President for University Advancement.
- Create and implement strategic gift acknowledgment processes for high-priority donor segments, including but not limited to first-time donors, loyal donors, faculty/staff donors, Sustainers, and #MoveInMiami donors.
- Support development officers and campus partners in their gift acknowledgment processes and promote best practices in gift acknowledgment.
- Write acknowledgment messages for gift receipts and pledge reminders, and refresh templates quarterly.
- Manage the university’s tribute gift and memorial gift acknowledgment program.
- Support other donor communication projects as time allows and support the Stewardship & Donor Relations team as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent writing skills are essential.
- Must meet deadlines and have a strong attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter, able to take initiative, and be dedicated to continuous process improvement.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and a commitment to excellent customer service.
- Must be creative and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience writing donor communications for a nonprofit organization.
- Experience working in higher education
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/fire-safety/index.html Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.