Established in 1970, the NKU Foundation was created to manage privately donated gifts for Northern Kentucky University. The Foundation is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization governed by an elected Board of Directors. Since its inception, the Foundation has helped transform NKU into a thriving, metropolitan university that has spent the last 50 years dedicated to living our mission of engaging, empowering and elevating the people and region we serve.
NKU is a growing metropolitan university of more than 14,000 students served by approximately 2,000 faculty and staff on a thriving campus near Cincinnati. While we are one of the fastest growing universities in Kentucky, our professors still know our students’ names. Dr. Ashish Vaidya has served as Northern Kentucky University’s sixth president since July 1, 2018.
NKU is committed to reducing barriers and improving affordability of education. A central goal is to increase the number of first-generation, post-traditional, international, and underrepresented students. In pursuit of these goals, NKU launched Further, Faster: The Campaign for NKU in May 2019 with a goal of raising $75 million. Already 65% to completion, this position will be a key member of the fundraising team that will complete the campaign.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Assistant Director of Development reports to the AVP of Development and works with internal colleagues and external stakeholders across the university to engage, acquire, cultivate and solicit donors.
- Collaborate with prospect research, annual giving, directors of development and other programs to develop and maintain a portfolio of 100-125 prospective donors. This portfolio of managed prospects will be created through engagement with alumni, community supporters, and companies.
- Conduct 15-17 personal visits with current donors and prospects monthly soliciting gifts in the $1,000 to $25,000 range
- Write compelling proposals demonstrating a case for support to inspire giving
- Develop and implement a plan to maintain engagement and celebrate donor support
- In conjunction with the AVP and corresponding Directors of Development, partner with colleges and other programs to support philanthropic goals
- Document and maintain quality records in the donor database (Raiser’s Edge NXT)
- Other duties as assigne
- Bachelor Degree
- Some travel and weekend/evening work required
- 2 years of professional experience preferably in development, equivalent skills considered
- Strong written communication skills to prepare and edit effective correspondence, proposals, and persuasive solicitation materials for individuals and groups
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships to deliver measurable results
- High attention to detail, experience managing multi-phase projects from inception to completion while building consensus
- Ability to problem solve and generate creative solutions in order to maintain and strengthen high quality relationships with donors
- Exceptional ethics and integrity, ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality
- Must have passion for philanthropy, higher education, NKU, and the community that it serves
Send cover letter and resume to Laurie Woodhouse at email@example.com
This position will be open for applications until September 30, 2019
Minimum of 2 open positions