Reporting to the Development Director, the Alumni Engagement and Gift Officer will develop and implement strategies to ensure the success of a comprehensive alumni engagement (involved) and giving (invested) program as an integral component of The Summit’s overall institutional advancement program. This includes outreach efforts to alumni, parents of alumni, current students, corporations and businesses. This position will lead alumni annual giving tasks including developing marketing strategies, making personal visits, supporting fundraising planning efforts, working with volunteers and students, evaluating solicitation outcomes and researching tactics.
The Alumni Engagement and Gift Officer will be responsible for the achievement of established, benchmarked and objective measurements/ROI of budgeted alumni goals and working collaboratively with the Development Director, and Advancement Services Managers.
The Alumni Engagement and Gift Officer will focus on building alumni involvement and investments through strong communication, personal interaction, and the organization and staffing of volunteer structures, chapters, clubs, reunions, affinity gatherings, awards, and market focused programs. Connect with, communicate to, raise funds from, and otherwise more fully engage alumni by specific segments such as age (alumni generational sectors young, mid, mature), gender, profession, and region. This position is full time, general schedule is Monday-Friday with some evenings/weekends and travel required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement best practices to engage alumni in lifelong progressive relationships with The Summit.
- Promote a comprehensive understanding of the School’s mission, goals and priorities through key identified offerings of diverse opportunities for engagement (involved) and giving (invested).
- Maintain a portfolio of donors and prospects through Moves Management.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward alumni, parents/grandparents of alumni and students in support of the Summit through building relationships, personal visits direct mail solicitations, e-mail solicitations, social media and telephone contact to achieve annual goals.
- Oversee the growth and retention of the school’s Leadership giving society (Leaders of Character) among alumni.
- Develop marketing strategies for direct mail and electronic solicitation and work closely with Marketing and Communication Services on social media, outreach, publications and e-solicitation and alumni portal.
- Coordinate with the President of the Alumni Board to plan agendas for the board meetings; committee meetings and provide follow-up.
- Coordinate with the Development Director on programming for the Student Philanthropy Club to enhance student philanthropy education and student fundraising efforts with special focus given to the senior class gift.
- Champion other responsibilities as assigned by the Development Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Prefer a minimum of 3 years successful experience in development/advancement or related experience in admissions or sales.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising and alumni engagement preferred, but not required.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to relate to diverse cross-sections of individuals.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to travel as needed or required, work evenings and / or weekends as needed.
- Budget management skills.
- Demonstrate analytical and strategic thinking abilities. Must be a creative thinker/problem solver.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- A brand champion and passionate school ambassador who is active in campus life.
- A collaborative colleague who partners with campus community to create and maintain a welcoming environment for alumni.