The Advancement Office Administrator & Event Coordinator supports frontline fundraisers through general office administration and the planning and execution of the school’s annual fundraising gala. The role reports to the Director of Advancement.
The position is full-time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the first point of contact for visitors to the advancement office.
- Works with members of advancement team to create fundraising materials, posters, banners, yard signs and other collateral as needed.
- Works with members of advancement team to produce stewardship reports for annual, capital and endowment giving.
- Works with Director of Database Management to become proficient in the basics of database management, including gift entry, receipting, address updating, etc.
- Provides administrative support to the advancement team including:
- Creating donor profiles, wealth screening and donor research
- Maintenance of donor files
- Scheduling advancement office staff for school-wide or advancement office events, including key dates in the academic year, faculty/staff meetings, etc.
- Maintaining tidiness and organization of shared spaces in the advancement office
- Maintaining inventory of office supplies and Country Day “swag”, keeping organized and ordering stock as needed
- Delivery of outgoing mail and collection of incoming mail to/from mail room
- Provides administrative support to the Parents’ Association.
- Contributes to Country Day’s main social media pages as a member of the social media team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsibility for the planning and execution of the school’s annual fundraising gala “CountryDate” (or equivalent fundraising gala), including handling all event logistics:
- Identifying and reserving appropriate event locations
- Creating the budget, tracking incomes and expenditures, maintaining financial summaries and managing database reports
- Assistance with creating marketing materials
- Coordinating and directly soliciting gifts, sponsorships and donations, working with relationship managers as appropriate to assign responsibility for solicitation
- Program and speaker coordination
- Coordinating student and volunteer staffing needs
- Room set-up, decoration, AV and IT needs
- Managing event software such as BidPal and Raiser’s Edge event module
- On-site management of the event, and resolution of any “day of” issues
- Wrap-up activities, including communication of auction outcomes, receipting, thank-you letters, etc.
- Responsibility for assisting with and executing additional advancement events, including (but not limited to) Homecoming, Leadership Donor event, networking (or other sponsor-focused) event, Distinguished Alumni event, Alumni Breakfast, Trustee Reunion, periodic community-building events in conjunction with the admissions office.
To be successful in the position, the ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Post high school education, ideally a bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of professional work experience; event-planning experience highly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong all-round interpersonal skills. Enjoys working with people.
- Editorial, proofreading, publishing, or other media experience desired in providing great attention to detail in all event communications and materials.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with fundraising database software and event-planning software highly desirable.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to flourish in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- Ability to manage high volume of emails, prioritize workload, take initiative in managing projects, and meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team, with the ability to supervise students and volunteers.
- High comfort level negotiating contract terms with outside vendors.
- Must be available for evening and weekend hours, as needed for events that take place outside of normal business hours.
Submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references, to Louise Vaughan at: email@example.com