The Assistant Director of Development, College of Engineering and Applied Science, is an exempt (salaried) position employed by the University of Cincinnati Foundation (UCF) and reports to the Senior Director of Development, College of Engineering and Applied Science.
The Assistant Director of Development is responsible for raising money and directing fundraising activities for the benefit of the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS). Activities of the Assistant Director will be coordinated with other UCF fundraising activities.
- Build, qualify and manage a portfolio of assigned donors and prospects; devise and execute strategies for prospect discovery, cultivation and solicitation; focus will be on leadership annual gifts and special gifts.
- Make cultivation and solicitation visits to CEAS friends and alumni within and outside the Cincinnati region in conjunction with UCF regional team members, Corporation and Foundation Relations and Office of Gift Planning staff.
- Utilize UCF and college resources to focus and prioritize efforts for prospect discovery and expanding leadership annual giving and special gifts.
- Ensure appropriate stewardship of gifts in collaboration with UCF Office of Donor Relations and Stewardship.
- Work with the Dean and other key CEAS faculty and personnel on fundraising initiatives and activities.
- Prepare timely contact reports and ensure the accuracy of monthly reports.
- Participate fully in UCF prospect and clearance process.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of experience
- Experience in a higher-education environment preferred
- Record of successful gift solicitation and closure
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact favorably with a diverse group of individuals and to foster strong, productive relationships
- Willingness to travel and attend evening and weekend activities as needed. Valid driver’s license required for travel.
- A commitment to and passion for the role of development in advancing the mission of the University of Cincinnati
Candidates should submit their applications online at: workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ucfound&jobId=47090&lang=en_US&source=CC2