The Strategic Events and Stewardship Manager is key to the success of Mercy McAuley High School’s overall Advancement program and requires a highly organized, creative, detail oriented and motivated person. This person will serve as lead for event planning, revenue generation, management, production and sponsorship of strategic special events. S/he will manage a stewardship program designed to foster long-term, meaningful relationships between MMHS and its donors.
The Strategic Events and Stewardship Manager must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines. S/he should have a passion for special event management, provide outstanding communication, be an enthusiastic professional, and be capable of building strong and positive relationships with donors and partners.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Serve as the lead for event planning. Manage MMHS stewardship program.
Event Planning and Production Management includes, but is not limited to:
- Recruit, engage and develop a high level volunteer infrastructure for all events
- Support the Advancement Team goals by achieving financial objectives and by providing excellent donor and volunteer stewardship
- Support the Managing Director of Advancement in achieving team goals
- Well utilize the president, administrative leadership and professional peers in fulfilling event objectives
- Support events chairs in leading all event planning and production meetings and discussions
- Organize and lead collaboration with the Advancement Team on event concept, and Marketing/Branding Team on graphic design/production/printing, and event marketing. Outsource marketing support when needed
- Support volunteers by negotiating costs and services with vendors; booking event space, assisting volunteers in the selection food and beverage, ordering all supplies/decorations, and act as primary liaison to vendor and venue personnel
- Coordinate the logistics for shipping supplies and staff travel to the event locations when held offsite
- Collaborate with internal building and plant management personnel as well as faculty and staff as needed
- Act as the primary liaison between volunteers and school administration in the selection and vetting of honorees, guest speakers and entertainment
- Review speeches, write scripts, presidential and administrative event briefings, coordinate rehearsals
- Work with venue/s to create/revise room layouts/seating arrangements for each event as necessary. Work with the Managing Director of Advancement and the Office of the President to ensure that seating and guest relations are both strategic and consistent with donor expectations
- Manage on-site production and clean up for events as necessary;
- Create event sponsorship packages and lead the solicitation and securing of sponsorships
- Organize and manage the invitation, registration, attendee check-in and check-out processes by recruiting and training a core group of volunteers
- Manage the follow-up with vendors, sponsors and staff members following each event
- Responsible for ensuring a smooth stewardship, collection and acknowledgment process post events
- Other duties as assigned
- Some evening and weekend work required
Event Revenue and Net Profit Goals and Objectives
- Lead the solicitation and securing of sponsorships and/or engage Advancement Staff in securing sponsors as dictated by the norms of donor portfolio and prospect management
- Create event sponsorship packages
- Exceed revenue goals and manage expenses to achieve net profit goals for the three events
Event Administration includes, but is not limited to:
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to staff directors for each event project
- Propose and manage event budgets
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
- Research venue options, coordinate appointments and visits to see venue space, and schedule events on the calendar
- Manage approval of event contracts and process through internal procedures
Stewardship management includes, but is not limited to:
- Implement and manage the annual stewardship strategies, reports, letters, recognition and e-communication for donors.
- Write acknowledgments and create donor touch points, ensuring that all of our constituencies are being reached.
- Ensure the department-wide implementation of relationship management practices.
- Develop individual stewardship strategies for leadership donors.
- Implement and manage the annual stewardship events including 1831 Society Recognition Dinner, 1831 Society lunches and salon events.
- Assist with creation and delivery of the annual Impact Report publication.
- Provide regular written and verbal reports on program progress.
- B.A. degree from accredited university
- 3+ years prior experience coordinating large (300+guests) special events
- Experience with office administration
- Proven track record of generating revenue from events
- Experience with integrating social media into event planning and execution
- Experience in interacting with high level donors, executives and community leaders
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Superior time management skills, multi-tasking abilities, team playing skills
- Budget management and negotiation skills
- Ability to accomplish projects independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Experience with hiring and managing vendors for event production
- Internet research and email savvy
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Convio/Salesforce (can be trained)
- Experience in events with fiscal goals
- Enjoys a very collaborative environment
- Prior schools and/or non-profit experience in event planning, Advancement (development, communications, alumni relations or public relations)
- Appreciation for Catholic, all-girls education, especially Mercy Education and its history and tradition in Greater Cincinnati
This position is full-time with a 10-month contract. To apply, send your resume by Friday, October 25, 2019, to email@example.com