The Development Director elevates the efforts of the Women’s Fund team by strategizing and executing a comprehensive development program incorporating a broad range of fundraising strategies including prospect identification, donor cultivation and stewardship, annual fund giving, major gifts, planned giving, corporate and foundation giving.
In addition, the Development Director represents the Women’s Fund in the community by responding to requests for presentations to employer resource groups, boards and other cohorts. These presentations serve the purpose of educating the community about our work and building our database of prospective supporters.
This position is a full-time position with benefits and is located at the Greater Cincinnati Foundation. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
The Development Director reports to the Executive Director of the Women’s Fund and collaborates with the Women’s Fund Coordinator, the Engagement Officer, the Advocacy Director, Applied Research Manager and the Donor and Private Foundation Services group of the Greater Cincinnati Foundation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Expand and execute a comprehensive development plan with specific, measurable goals, with an emphasis on growing the annual fund and major gifts ($5,000 and above.)
- Develop and execute strategies for cultivating, soliciting, stewarding, and recognizing current and prospective donors.
- Execute all elements of the annual appeal campaign, including drafting communications, working with the designer, printer and other staff.
- Work with Women’s Fund staff, designer and printer to publish annual Impact Report.
- Strategically leverage the time and connections of the Executive Director, the Leadership Council and other constituents to support development targets.
- Lead and mobilize the Women’s Fund Development Committee to support fundraising objectives.
- Collaborate with Donor and Private Foundation Services to maximize relationships between the donors of the Women’s Fund and the Greater Cincinnati Foundation.
- Partner with Engagement Officer to ensure events, communications and volunteer opportunities support overall fundraising strategy.
- Participate in the team duties of the Greater Cincinnati Foundation staff including participating in cross-functional work teams.
Other assignments and special projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills; comfort in connecting to all types of constituents and ability to build authentic, long-term relationships.
- Polished and compelling oral and written communication skills; ability to embody The Women’s Fund’s unique brand voice.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Impeccable follow-through and strong attention to detail; ability to connect all facets of development, communications, and events to our strategy.
- At least four years of experience in fundraising, nonprofit organizations, or related fields. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong interest in and understanding of women’s issues and the Women’s Fund focus on economic security for women.
- Ability to complete assignments independently, professionally, and in a timely manner.
- Ability to leverage volunteer and in-kind resources to achieve goals.
- Experience carrying out a donor-centered fundraising philosophy and strengthening our culture of philanthropy.
- Familiarity with potential donors interested in women’s issues.
Please complete the following items with your submission of your resume:
- Resumes to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Desired salary and/or compensation requirements
- Complete the Culture Index (details are listed below including the link to complete)
- Have your resume and Culture Index completed by the application deadline of Friday, November 23rd, 2018.
GCF Culture Index
Thank you for your interest in the Sr. Development Officer position we have at GCF. The next step in our recruiting process to complete the Culture Index. Please click on the following link to complete the survey: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/C6A862
Please understand that the Culture Index Survey is:
- A survey, not a test. There is no passing or failing.
- There is no such thing as a perfect result.
- We only measure work related behaviors.
- We do not measure intelligence.
- We do not measure a person’s learning curve.
- We cannot determine race, gender or religion.
- We cannot determine your age.
- We cannot determine your ambition and
- We do not measure anything abnormal or clinical.
- Take your time, read the instructions and complete the survey by yourself. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Please have the survey completed within 24 hours of submitting your resume to GCF.