Job Description Summary:
Identify, qualify, solicit, close and steward major gifts ($5,000+) with a focus on corporate relationships. This role will have a flexible portfolio of roughly 75 total constituents comprising of corporations and some key individuals (80/20 split). Additionally, this role is a lead for sponsorship solicitation on Freestore Foodbank signature events. Create strategic requests and reports for donors by working with program staff to integrate into the overall department goals and plans.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify, qualify, solicit, close and steward major gifts from corporations and individuals through visits and other forms of direct personal contact
- Execute moves management approach to the portfolio and a custom strategy for each donor to develop approaches to generate new and higher levels of giving
- Meet annual goals for personal visits, solicitation proposals developed and dollars secured
- Enlist senior leadership, volunteers and board members in the cultivation and solicitation of major donors and prospects that integrates into the overall department goals and plans
- Promote and close complex sales such as campaign and sponsorship gifts
- Coordinate cultivation, recognition and stewardship activities, as needed, with other staff members
- Utilize customized communications for donors and supporters in order to deepen their understanding and support of Freestore Foodbank’s mission
- Monitor and report relationship management activity using constituent relationship management system including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospective and current corporate and individual major donors
- Assist in short and long range planning activities to support and implement fundraising goals and objectives
- Excellent relationship building and relationship management skills to maintain, grow, and generate new relationships
- Strong critical thinking to align organizational needs and donor opportunities
- Project management skills to enable timely requests and responsive reporting
- Ability to independently maintain a schedule to support 75+ relationships
- Remain knowledgeable of all Freestore Foodbank programs, services and events
- Strong writing/story telling capabilities
- Comfortable in public speaking/presentation
- Ability to represent the organization externally, providing consistent and positive customer service
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field with Master’s preferred
Minimum of 5-7 years of successful portfolio management experience in a similar field with proven success record in major gifts and/or corporate relations.
Skills & Abilities:
Ability to work effectively across all departments and teams. Strong writing, oral and presentation communication skills with demonstrated ability to persuade others. Proficiency in writing solicitation letters, proposal and stewardship materials. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with ability to learn Raiser’s Edge, Power Plan and other relevant tracking and reporting systems. Strong organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to multi-task, handling many relationships at once. Expectation of ability to work some nights/weekends
About Freestore Foodbank:
Freestore Foodbank is one of Ohio’s largest food banks. We distribute 27 million meals annually through a network of 540 community partners serving 20 counties in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Our mission is to provide food and services, create stability, and further self-reliance for people in crisis.