The Contemporary Arts Center (CAC), one of the first institutions in the US dedicated to showing contemporary art, is seeking candidates for a Grant Manager. The Grant Manger is responsible for developing and writing all grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate the CAC’s mission and programs to potential funders as well as reporting fiscal and program information from staff regarding existing grants for reporting and proposal purposes.
Reporting to the Chief of Development, the Grant Manager will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines to meet revenue goals. Schedule must be flexible as evening hours are needed for occasional CAC development related events. This position is full time.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and reports to foundation, government, community fund, private and corporate sources
- Responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects
- Responsible for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects
- Perform prospect research to identify new revenue sources on foundations, government, community fund, private and corporate sources to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants and follow through with applications
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to funders on current grant programs. Comply with all grant reporting as required by funders
- Provide stewardship to current donors ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts
- Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers
- Make appointments for Chief of Development and Director with foundation officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees)
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational program attendance, etc.)
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters, annual fund letters and acknowledgements
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
- Other duties as assigned
All of these duties are to be done with overall CAC business in mind. The person in this position will be conscious of other CAC programs, exhibition needs and, policy and procedures.
The Contemporary Arts Center is committed to the Donor Bill of Rights, to being a donor centered organization and to protecting the privacy of our donors and prospective supporters.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Strong editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research
- Outstanding grammar skills
- Ability to monitor and meet revenue goals
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information. A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with prospect management and Foundation Center databases. Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form. Prior experience with data analytics preferred. A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants, a Bachelor’s degree, and 3 -5 years of relevant experience are required.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary range requested by December 28, 2018 to:
Contemporary Arts Center
Lois & Richard Rosenthal Center for Contemporary Art
44 East 6th Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Attn: Human Resources
Or via email to email@example.com
Please, no phone calls. Resumes accepted until position is filled.
The Contemporary Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veteran or disability status.
Art and the creative process belong to all people. The CAC provides experiences through exhibitions and performances as well as educational and outreach programs, to engage and interact with the art, artists, and ideas of our time. Working with our regional community of visitors, patrons, and partners, and with our global community of artists and institutions, we explore and celebrate the unfolding landscape of art and expression.