Cincinnati Shakespeare Company is seeking a full-time entry level Events Coordinator.
Title: Events Coordinator
Reports to: Development Director
Compensation: Entry Level, Salaried
About the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company
The Cincinnati Shakespeare Company (CSC) is a resident ensemble theatre company bringing Shakespeare and the Classics to life for audiences of all ages. Producing year-round, CSC executes up to 10 main stage productions, 6 touring productions, and several additional events per season.
The Events Coordinator will plan and coordinate the production of events and execute all events that take place at The Otto M. Budig Theater located at 12th and Elm in Cincinnati’s historic Over the Rhine neighborhood. In addition, the Events Coordinator will provide a high level of logistic support to the Event Producer for the annual fundraising gala.
In addition to being a master of logistics, having a keen eye for design, and creating a welcoming environment for event guests and theater patrons, the Events Coordinator will be the point of contact for external vendors that service events and will collaborate with internal Company departments that support the event.
Primary Duties include:
- Scheduling events on the company calendar.
- Enrolling support from departments that need to be involved.
- Coordinating internal and external vendors that will service the event.
- Coordinating and participating in set-up and break-down of events.
- Overseeing each event from beginning to end ensuring clients receive the highest standard of customer service.
- Ensuring events meet the objectives of the client’s intended purpose.
The Events Coordinator will flourish in a fast-paced environment, collaborate cross-functionally, possess strong project management skills, be comfortable with physical labor, and able to work irregular hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
This is a forward facing role and the Events Coordinator must be able to communicate effectively, with enthusiasm, and a positive attitude to build strong relationships with vendors, guests and patrons, high profile donors, and co-workers and volunteers.
This is a full-time entry-level position with an average workweek of 45 hours. Some weeks will require 60 hours of work and others only 30. Flexing time is permitted during high volume event periods. On non-event days, the Events Coordinator is expected to work during regular business hours.
Required skills include:
- One-two years of experience coordinating or supporting event operations. Experience with events as a college student qualifies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service to all parties involved.
- An eye for design and an ability to create cohesive, world-class event aesthetic.
- Ability to negotiate with vendors and source services ensuring events are on time and on budget.
- Must have strong organization and project management skills with an ability to manage logistics and multiple events happening simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift 30lbs, bend, kneel, climb stairs and small ladders, and remain on one’s feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to take direction and guidance, and produce events that are not your own design.
- Must be well versed with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and shared Calendars and network.
- Flexibility and willingness to work irregular hours and have irregular workloads.
- An Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
Preferred skills include:
- Hospitality and customer service experience.
- Experience working in a performing arts or entertainment environment.
- Arts Administration experience is a plus.
A successful candidate will also possess the following attributes:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective listening and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
- Self-sufficient while also a collaborative team player.
- Enthusiasm, integrity, and positive energy.
- Ability to stay calm, communicate tactfully, and remain poised under pressure.
- A sense of humor.
A comprehensive job description with responsibilities outlined in greater detail can be requested before applying. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt, and interviews will begin immediately.
Send your resume and cover letter to Development Director, Joeliene Magoto firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSC is proudly pluralistic and committed to providing equal opportunity for outstanding individuals. CSC actively seeks applications from qualified candidates who enhance the diversity of its work force.