Xavier University, a Jesuit, Catholic University, in Cincinnati, Ohio invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Director of Gift Administration and Data Management. We are looking for a mission driven individual that excels working in a team environment.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for University Relations, the Director of Gift Administration and Data Management serves as a key member of the Internal Operations leadership team within the Division of University Relations. The Director will provide strategic leadership and set comprehensive goals for the direction, performance and growth of the Data Management and Gift Processing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively manage and improve the following: oversight for gift data entry and processing; ensuring accurate database content, integrity, utility, policy and hygiene; completing proactive research to identity and ensure accurate constituent data. Proposing and creating systems that improve the processing of data, reducing organizational risk and increasing operational efficiencies.
- Provide strategic leadership in the division’s work to create and manage an effective infrastructure to support the university’s fundraising efforts by administering the university’s fundraising database system – currently, Ellucian Advancement.
- Identify changing technologies and industry standards anticipating and planning for growth and drive the adoption of new systems and processes for gift processing and data management.
- Ensure that IRS and CASE standards are successfully and consistently implemented and followed by all members of the Xavier community.
- Ensure that all contributions/gifts are processed in a timely and accurate manner by supervising the daily depositing, processing and recording of all private contributions for University programs.
- Interface with finance and athletics on processes for reconciliation of contribution revenue and non-profit reporting such as the 990.
- Coordinates with Finance and Internal Audit to ensure that the department’s data system and cash depositing procedures are compliant with sound financial management policies and practices.
- The ideal candidate will be an accomplished professional who understands the nature and purpose of fundraising and higher education. A self-starter who can be an innovator for the department and division, with an eye towards detail and efficiency.
- Bachleor’s degree required, Master’s preferred with a minimum of 3 years experience in higher education preferably in development, gift processing or data management.
- Knowledge of: CASE Standards and IRS charitable giving laws, gift processing and data management systems (Ellucian, Blackbaud, Salesforce) and experience in staff and operational budget management preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure consideration for this position, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University’s website by March 20, 2020.
Interested candidates please apply online https://jobs.silkroad.com/(X(1)S(s4j30htrwbvyg5unir4dfb5r))/Xavier/apply/jobs/2021