The Director of Annual Giving & Advancement Communications is tasked with raising unrestricted annual fund dollars used by the Foundation and Fraternity to support the operations of the Foundation and appropriate areas of the Fraternity, according to Phi Delta Theta’s strategic plan, and creating and managing the communications of the Foundation that communicate a culture of giving. This staff member shall also provide leadership in event management.
COMPETENCIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Servant Leadership – Demonstrate ability and dedication to serve members and one another by enabling them to reach their full potential.
- Design and lead the yearly annual giving strategy to raise unrestricted and temporarily restricted annual fund dollars.
- Design, lead, and create the Foundation content for Phi Delta Theta Foundation including, but not limited to, The Scroll, website content, social media, speech writing and other appropriate channels.
- Provide leadership in designing and implementing all planned giving communication.
- Provide leadership in donor cultivation event management.
- Work with Director of Advancement Services in stewarding annual giving donors, especially the Trustees Roundtable, and long-time consecutive givers.
- Manage a portfolio of high-end annual fund prospects to increase society level membership in the Phi Delta Fund and participate in quarterly team prospect management meetings.
- Coordinate with other director-level staff on daily and overarching strategic activities and implementation.
- Assist the SVP, COO and CEO as needed.
Strategic Agility – Provide leadership in decision-making that considers current processes, potential opportunities, and future conditions.
- Lead the reporting associated with annual giving and communications analytics such as donor acquisition and retention, LYBUNT monitoring, appeal performance, and overall unrestricted tracking report. For advancement communications, reporting of social media analytics and web analytics are examples of the reporting associated with effective communications.
- Review reporting with SVP and make recommendations for strategy changes, as needed.
- Monitor closely the giving of the Trustees Roundtable and consecutive giving donors and adjust outreach strategy accordingly to renew or upgrade giving.
- Hold regular meetings/calls with The Gabriel Group to develop direct mail strategy and direct mail appeal performance.
Project Management – Demonstrate the ability to effectively plan, and measure a plan, while working towards the successful completion of a specific goal.
- Design and execute the annual giving plan using direct mail, online giving, social media, events and all appropriate medium. Manage vendor contract and relationship with Gabriel Group on the implementation of the direct mail program.
- Work with Stelter Group in design and coordination of planned giving newsletter and e-mails. Remaining planned giving communication will be done in conjunction with the Communications Coordinator.
- In conjunction with the Communications Coordinator, Database and Events Coordinator, Director of Advancement and Director of Advancement Services, provide leadership for event invitations and administration.
- Write copy and manage production of videos that promote a culture of giving.
- The Scroll – Write all copy for Foundation presence in alumni magazine. This can include, but is not limited to, donor profiles, development of infographics, campaign communications and updates, annual fund brand awareness, and annual report.
- Create and manage all aspects of the student giving program.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Prior experience in annual giving or related field preferred.
- Background in creative, campaign, or general communication is preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in various social media platforms.
- A demonstrated track record of initiative and innovation.
- Excellent organizational, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Strong preference to be based out of General Headquarters in Oxford, Ohio.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary will be determined depending upon background and experience. Phi Delta Theta Foundation offers an excellent benefits package including retirement planning.
The Phi Delta Theta Foundation exists to strengthen men for life by building on the tradition of our core values: friendship, sound learning and rectitude and is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization; contributions are tax-deductible as prescribed by law. The Foundation has awarded more than $4.7 million in scholarships and fellowships to outstanding young Phis. The Foundation has also granted nearly $10 million toward the Fraternity’s premier leadership and educational programs such as the Presidents Leadership Conference, the Kleberg Emerging Leaders Institute, the Leadership Consultant Program and the Alcohol- Free Housing initiative and features a growing corpus of over $20 million in its endowment.
If you have any questions regarding this position or the hiring process, please contact Senior Vice President of Advancement Stephen Bloomer. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by June 7, 2018.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.phideltatheta.org/2018/05/director_of_annual_giving_advancement_communications/