The Division of University Advancement is a multi-faceted unit within Ohio University that builds and strengthens relationships that inspire investments of time, talent, and treasure in the University and its mission. The Division engages alumni and friends in the life of the University and secures private support that advances the University’s strategic initiatives. Through local, regional, state, and worldwide engagement, University Advancement shares OHIO’s story and furthers its mission and vision across the globe. The Division of University Advancement is committed to excellent customer service, fostering collaborative work environments, and celebrating a culture of diversity and inclusion.
The Director for Gift Planning is responsible for utilizing best practices for cultivation and solicitation strategies of planned giving donors. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing strategic direction to fundraising colleagues to achieve fundraising goals as defined by University Advancement and the colleges/units supported by University Advancement.
- Identify, engage, and solicit donors for the purpose of securing planned gifts for The Ohio University Foundation. (30% of time)
- Serve as a subject matter expert and liaison to development officers in strategizing for and executing planned gifts. Provide high-level advice and counsel, working collaboratively with the CFR, major giving, and annual giving staff as needed to verify, cultivate and solicit constituents for planned gifts for the university and work with appropriate campus offices to plan implement and oversee stewardship programs. (30% of time)
- Coordinate, implement, and analyze Gift Planning marketing activities to increase the donor pipeline and secure planned gifts. (25% of time)
- Help with special projects as needed to optimize the efforts of the Office of Gift Planning. (15% of time)
- The incumbent will be expected to work independently to manage a portfolio of prospects from qualification to stewardship, and will be expected to manage their own travel schedule and meetings with colleagues on strategies
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and will contribute experience and expertise to make an impact on the overall gift planning program (marketing, engagement, fundraising, etc.)
- The Director must have the ability and willingness to travel regularly, including occasional visits to the Athens campus
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years experience in gift planning or related field
An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
– JD or Master’s degree
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/39476