Job title: Development & Communications Coordinator
Organization: Camp Joy Foundation
Support Camp Joy through fundraising, communications and administrative functions.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Fundraising – Support fundraising for Camp Joy including assisting in grant solicitation, campaigns, and additional funding initiatives.
- Administrative Support – Manage the thank you letter and donor database processes using Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge software and work with finance team to designate donations. Handle day-to-day communications with donors and provide administrative support for Camp Joy Foundation team.
- Donor Communications – Help support donor relationships through communications (phone calls, notes, reports, annual report, newsletters, etc) with organizations, foundations, and individuals.
- External Communications – Collaborate with Joy LLC team to coordinate communications activities through social media, public relations, website, print pieces, storytelling, press releases, and news articles.
- Donor Events, Meetings, Volunteer Groups – Provide support for fundraising &/or appreciation events, donor visits, meetings and volunteer groups. Help to lead the organization and implementation of the Dance for Joy biennial fundraising event.
- Storytelling / Outcomes – Gather stories, photos, support letters, and testimonies from current and past Camp Joy participants, clients, and donors to communicate about the Camp Joy mission. Oversee the collection & organization of outcomes data.
- Culture – Model a culture of client focus, collaboration, discipline, continuous improvement and accountability focused on Camp Joy’s mission and values.
- Applicant must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Applicant must be able to carry supplies, etc. of at least 10 lbs., be able to work in an office environment at an outdoor-based non-profit organization.
- Previous experience in a customer service role or fundraising role preferred.
- Must be organized, outgoing, service-oriented, have excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task, and great attention to detail.
- Experience working in a computerized office environment with a team orientation and multifunctional responsibilities. Must have experience with Microsoft Office. Some financial systems or accounting systems background preferred. (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge software, Word-Press)
Interested candidates apply via email to email@example.com