The EdTA is seeking an experienced Development Associate to support development activity for the association, including gift processing and acknowledgement, managing the donor database, administering the stewardship program, managing the annual giving calendar and serving as lead event planner for our annual donor events.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Managing all gift processing and acknowledgement functions, including donor recognition tracking, running monthly recurring gifts processing and preparing weekly gifts reports.
2. Assisting with prospect research and qualification of major donors; answer donor questions.
3. Serving as Database Administrator for Raiser’s Edge, including training current and new staff members and keep system updated.
4. Assisting with Stewardship of scholarship gifts and other major gifts.
5. Managing annual giving calendar including appeal design, execution, and coordination with other departments on collateral materials.
6. Managing specified grant relationships and contribute to all other grant proposals and required reporting.
7. Coordinating with Finance staff to ensure proper accounting and processing procedures.
8. Assisting with budget planning for department.
9. Serving as lead event planner for Development events including venue and catering selection, ticketing design and sales management, print materials and collateral coordination. Assist
in planning and event coordination for other association events.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent Associate’s degree + experience.
Skills and Qualifications:
• 3-5 years of experience in fundraising, particularly in an arts, education, or non-profit environment
• Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or other donor management software
• High level of customer service and ability to connect with a wide variety of constituents.
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
• Positive, team-oriented attitude.
• Ability to think and act independently, within one’s authority.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: HRManager@schooltheatre.org
The Educational Theatre Association is a national nonprofit organization with approximately 100,000 student and professional members. Our mission is shaping lives through theatre education by: honoring student achievement in theatre; supporting teachers by providing professional development, resources, and recognition; and influencing public opinion that theatre education is essential and builds life skills. EdTA is the home of the International Thespian Society, an honorary organization that has inducted more than 2.2 million theatre students since its founding in 1929.