Reports to: Planned Giving and Grants Manager
Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: SVDP’s Liz Carter Center (subject to change during COVID-19)
Background: St. Vincent de Paul – Cincinnati (SVDP) has served residents of greater Cincinnati for over 150 years with basic needs such as food, medicine, and homelessness prevention through the agency’s outreach centers in the West End and Winton Hills and through 53 parish-based volunteer Conferences. SVDP provides holistic direct assistance and systemic change services while treating neighbors in need with dignity and compassion.
Scope of Position: The Database Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all tasks related to the organization’s donor database including gift processing, donation acknowledgments, mailing lists, online donation and registration forms, reporting, and more. This position will work closely with SVDP’s Development and Finance Departments.
- Accurately process all donations made to SVDP and reconcile donor database records with accounting records from Finance Department
- Manage all components of donor acknowledgement process including thank you letters, tax exemption wording, memorial acknowledgements, and personal messages and signatures for select donors.
- Oversee donor database tasks including but not limited to creating and updating donor records, removing duplicate records, establishing new gift codes, creating new fields, integrating data from other sources, assigning staff/volunteer usernames and securities, and training new users.
- Manage online donation and registration forms and ensure compatibility between donor database and organizational website.
- Assist with donor mailings by pulling mail lists from database and coordinating in-house processes.
- Assist in executing drives and special events, especially by managing online and in-person registration for all events and training all registration volunteers.
- Produce donor reports for Donor Relationship Program, Board of Directors, Relationship Building Committee, and other initiatives.
- Manage email lists and distribution capabilities of SVDP’s email marketing software and its integration with donor database.
- Research new and prospective donors, corporations, and foundations.
- Supervise high school intern as part of the DePaul Cristo Rey Corporate Work Study program.
- Provide support and perform other duties as needed for the Development Department.
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong ability to think creatively and strategically while problem solving
- Adaptability to a fast-paced and fast-changing work environment
- Ability to communicate clearly with different constituencies including donors, volunteers, and colleagues
- Experience doing data entry or working with/running reports from databases (especially DonorPerfect), CRMs, or other similar systems
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul
- Availability to work some event-related evenings and weekends
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- High school or equivalent diploma
Physical Requirements: Job duties can primarily be performed from a desk using standard office equipment. Occasional requirement to lift items of 20 pounds for special events.
Applicants should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 25th.