Redwood, located in Fort Mitchell, KY, provides a wide range of support services to children and adults with disabilities. We seek a Chief Development Officer to identify and cultivate individual and institutional donors through our focused. The CDO supervises 1 full-time and 3 part-time staff members and serves as a member of the executive Leadership Team.
Here are the key responsibilities of the CDO:
- Create development objectives, policies and strategies in alignment with the Agency’s Strategic Plan.
- Lead, oversees, delegates, and evaluates work of development staff, contractors and volunteers to achieve a comprehensive, integrated development program that meets strategic goals.
- Ensures that practices are ethical, legal, and comply with state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Leads all aspects of the major gift cycle and uses available resources including self, Executive Director and CEO and Board members to reach major gift goals. Identifies major donor prospects. Initiates contact with potential leadership volunteers and donors. Develops and implements cultivation and solicitation strategies of prospects by peers and development staff.
- Develops overall grant writing strategy in collaboration with Grant Writer.
- Develops and implements annual fund strategies and programs that identify, cultivate, solicit and steward annual gifts through direct mail, personal solicitation, corporate campaigns and online methods.
- Assists in the design and implementation of capital campaigns.
- Supports internal and external special event programming, and ensures events are properly resourced and marketed.
- Designs and implements an organization-wide, multi-channel marketing plan that promotes Redwood, highlights specific programs/services, supports fundraising goals and reinforces the Redwood brand.
- Represents Redwood at public appearances, speaking events, agency tours, service projects, and meetings to enhance public image with corporations and other community institutions.
- Utilizes analytical tools to report fundraising performance, retain donors and expand donor base in the future.
- Computer Skills – Possesses a working knowledge of Microsoft office skills, internet software and database programs. Able to accurately enter data into a database, search for information, send and receive email and attachments.
- Teamwork including balancing team and individual responsibilities, exhibiting objectivity and openness to others’ views, giving and welcoming feedback, contributing to building a positive team spirit, and supporting everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Strong customer service skills in reference to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious, and economic status.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (expressive and receptive) with ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Interpersonal skills to include maintaining confidentiality, listening without interrupting, keeping emotions under control and remaining open to others’ ideas/tries new things.
- Professionalism including approaching others in a tactful manner, reacting well under pressure, treating others with respect and consideration, accepting responsibility for own actions, and following through on commitments.
- Works with integrity and ethically.
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials:
- BA degree in strategic management, business administration, philanthropy, nonprofit or public administration, marketing, communications or a related field. An AFP or related certification is preferred.
- A proven record of comprehensive fundraising expertise.
- Five or more years of relevant experience preferred.
Are you looking for the opportunity to change lives? To have a visible impact in the Cincinnati regional community?
We’d enjoy hearing from you.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Maria Meade, Project Coordinator, at email@example.com. Find out more about Redwood at www.redwoodnky.org