Job ID: 5924 – FT – Unclassified (salaried)
As an integral member of the Corporate and Foundation Relations team, the Associate Director will work to establish new partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with corporate and foundation partners that will result in funding for the immediate and long-term priorities of the University. The Associate Director will work closely with administrators, faculty and staff to develop a deep understanding of the strategic areas of importance and secure financial commitments from corporate and foundation partners.
Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with nearly 20,000 students enrolled in over 120 areas of study. With its close proximity to the city of Cincinnati coupled with its nationally recognized excellence in undergraduate education there is a significant opportunity to increase all measures of support from corporate and foundation partners. As the university looks to embark upon its next comprehensive campaign, a robust and high functioning corporate and foundation relations team will play a critical role in the success of that effort.
- Assist in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding corporations and foundations in support of the priorities and mission of Miami University.
- Build and manage a portfolio of approximately 50 corporate and foundation prospects.
- Take active steps to develop positive, long-term relationships with key corporate and foundation executives, funding officers, recruiters, and other staff of current and potential corporate and foundation donors.
- Build relationships and collaborate with faculty and staff across the University to stay informed on academic priorities and programs.
- Promote and leverage effective working relationships with the Office for the Advancement of Research and Scholarship (OARS), the Center for Career Exploration and Success (CCES) and other campus partners.
- Foster and exemplify a holistic approach to working with corporations and foundations.
- Update and maintain donor and prospect information in the database system, and utilize system tools to strategically manage a portfolio of prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three or more years of fundraising experience and/or comparable professional experience.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free.