Job # #496881
The Assistant Director of Gift Planning is responsible for providing charitable gift and estate planning information to the Miami University community, including donors, prospective donors, and volunteers. The Assistant Director will build upon the program’s solid foundation and will work cooperatively with volunteers, faculty and staff to increase the volume of life income gifts, bequests, and other planned gifts in support of the university’s academic mission.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of approximately 150-200 planned gift prospects on behalf of Miami University.
- Travel on a regional and national basis to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward planned gift prospects and donors.
- Assist the Gift Planning staff in the marketing of the Calvin S. Brice Society, which recognizes all individuals who made a planned gift in support of Miami University or the Miami University Foundation.
- Plan Calvin S. Brice Society stewardship and recognition events.
- Monitor all life insurance policies where Miami University or the Miami University Foundation is named as owner and irrevocable beneficiary.
- Assist with all gift planning marketing efforts.
- Encourage and coordinate alumni and friends’ involvement through campus visits and off-campus events.
- Assist the in the planning of Alumni Weekend and Hughes Society events and attend various functions as a representative of the Office of Development.
- Assist in writing donor feature articles for publication.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under the direction of the Assistant Vice President for Gift Planning.
- Develop data analytics and benchmarking strategies to evaluate gift planning productivity.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to collaborative approach to fundraising
- Excellent organizational and marketing skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel on both a regional and national basis.
- Advanced degree; 1-3 years experience in development, tax, accounting, financial services, or the equivalent.
- Knowledge or training in charitable gift planning techniques and strategies desired.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position upload a cover letter, resume and three professional references: https://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/496881/assistant-director-gift-planning
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.