OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Director of Development, the Annual Giving Manager manages all aspects of the school’s Annual Fund program, This includes raising unrestricted funds for operations, scholarships/financial aid, school support/institutional priorities, and other purposes as determined by the Board of Trustees, with a goal to increase the number of donors and dollar amount raised each year. The Annual Giving Manager is a dynamic representative of the School who is genuinely passionate about Seven Hills and sincerely interested in the activities and interests of others – Candidates must be able to share this passion and vision in a compelling manner.
The overall success of the Development Office depends on team-work and collaboration. This position requires the Annual Giving Manager to work closely with other members of the Development Team to ensure a coordinated, effective, consistent, and strategic execution of annual giving programs, appeals, activities, donor relations and stewardship.
Success of the annual giving program will be measured in unrestricted dollars-raised in support of the Annual Fund, donor acquisition and retention, and overall percent-participation among the various constituencies.
The Manager must recognize the dynamic aspects of the school environment and be proactive. He/she will evidence excellent communication and interpersonal skills and must be able to demonstrate confidence, impeccable integrity, outstanding organizational skills, excellent relationship-building skills with donors, and be an enthusiastic and motivational team player. A willingness to work outside of “normal” business hours is essential as peak periods and special events necessitate some evening and weekend hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Craft and execute a comprehensive, multi-channel, integrated strategic plan for the Annual Fund including, but not restricted to, a comprehensive calendar of direct mail appeals, phone-a-thons and thank-a-thons, collateral material, and an associated budget.
- Work with the Database administrator to generate useful and accurate reporting methods to track annual giving progress; pulling regular queries, reports and exports from Raiser’s Edge, our fundraising database.
- Collaborate with the communications office to produce effective print, web and electronic materials; and provide regular Annual Fund updates and newsfeeds for the website.
- Manage and execute all donor relations and stewardship activities, processes, communications and events related to Annual Fund gifts and donors; including inter alia collateral materials, appeals, acknowledgments, welcome packages and impact reports.
- Work with more than 100+ volunteers, responsible for soliciting all members of the extended Seven Hills community each year in support of the Annual Fund, including trustees, parents, parents of alumni, grandparents, faculty, former faculty, friends, and matching gift corporations.
- Develop a wide variety of ways to communicate with all members of the Seven Hills community about philanthropy at Seven Hills in general, and the Annual Fund in particular, including digital and print communications, to increase support of the school’s annual giving.
- Provides ongoing support and direction for volunteers and to communicate the status of the Annual Fund to volunteers and administrators on a timely basis.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of approximately 50 prospective Annual Fund leadership donors, with a minimum of 15 substantive contacts (via Zoom, face-to-face visits and/or personal asks/follow-up) per month. Complete contact reports after every donor visit and update database information about donors and prospects as appropriate.
- Follow-up with all gifts to ensure that all corporate matching gift opportunities are captured and pursued.
- Oversee the collection of donor data for the annual report; draft summary information, and features for the annual report that highlight the year.
- Provide support to the Director of Development in the identification and qualification of prospective major donors.
- Commitment to and understanding of the Seven Hills School’s mission and vision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member, prioritize work; assimilate and interpret significant amounts of information; and meet deadlines concurrent with paying meticulous attention to detail and maintain a positive attitude and outlook.
- Bright, hard-working and enthusiastic with a serious commitment to excellence.
- Industrious, independent-minded and determined, with a drive to achieve results.
- Ability to handle confidential material and situations with discretion and sensitivity in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A person of unquestioned integrity who has an impeccable reputation, who honors commitments, and who deals with people in a straightforward and personal way.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated individual who has demonstrated resourcefulness.
- An accessible and approachable people person with a good sense of humor.
- Self-confident and secure in one’s achievements without seeking or requiring recognition.
- Someone who responds well to criticism and deals successfully with difficult and challenging people and circumstances.
- Must demonstrate competency with basic word processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint and internet functions. Experience in Raiser’s Edge/Blackbaud highly preferred.
** The above description covers the most significant duties performed, but does not exclude assignments not mentioned.
Salary range $50,000-$60,000
Please direct a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Director of Development Margo Kirstein at email@example.com.