Title: Administrative Services Manager
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Supervises: Two staff members
Benefits: Current: 100% company-paid vision, dental, life, and long-term disability Future: Health and retirement
ABOUT CENTER FOR RESPITE CARE
Center for Respite Care (the Center) began making a positive impact on the lives of homeless adults in October 2003. The greater Cincinnati healthcare community (Health Alliance, Tri-Health and Mercy Health Systems) joined forces with key homeless agencies and the Center began operations, programmatically, within the Health Resource Center. The Board of Directors recognized the importance of the respite program and voted to become a separate nonprofit corporation and the program was transferred to this entity. Today the Center is located in vibrant Over-the-Rhine in the new St. Anthony Center, an innovative nonprofit hub. Staff has the capacity to serve 20 people a day. Our mission continues to remain relevant: Provide quality, holistic medical care to adult homeless people who need a safe place to heal, while assisting in breaking the cycle of homelessness.
The Administrative Services Manager, which directs two team members, is a key position for the Center. This person bears the responsibility to ensure that the agency runs smoothly. Data collection and analysis is an important aspect of this position. He/she will also be responsible for facilities, meetings and events, as well as oversee the mail department, materials scheduling, and other facets of the agency.
Data collection and analysis: 50%
• Collect and record referral, client and health/case management data
• Work within HMIS, Excel and EMR systems to record and export data
• Prepare monthly census, demographic and outcome reports
• Assist the CEO, CFO and CAO with data analysis and reporting for billing, grants, and public information
• Oversee centralized operations
• Ensure operations run smoothly within agency such as information and data processing, mail, materials and distribution, printing and reproduction, records management, telecommunications management, security, recycling, wellness, and transportation services
• Ensure contracts, insurance requirements, and government regulations and safety standards are followed properly
• Plan long and short-term maintenance needs
• Oversee the preparation, analysis, negotiation, and review of contracts related to the purchase or sale of equipment, materials, supplies, products, or services
• Handle the acquisition, distribution, and storage of equipment and supplies
• Supervise agency operations and maintenance, facility function, technology integration, and environmental factors
• Oversee renovation projects
• Monitor facility for security
• Direct facilities staff, including custodial
• Answer directives from directors of administration
Meetings and events: 10%
• Assist with scheduling, preparation, set up and breakdown of board meetings, special meetings and development events, which may include logistics of parking, refreshments and materials
Other duties: 5%
• As assigned
• Bachelor degree, minimum, in any field
• Administrative background a plus
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite of products, particularly MS Word and MS Excel
• Data collection, capture, and analysis experience
• Contract review experience
• Familiarity with facilities and operations
• Knowledge of IT functions
• Ability to maintain client confidentiality
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Prior supervisory experience preferred
• Position typically works Monday through Friday from 8 am – 4 pm. There may be times when evening work may be necessary due to fundraising events, or other.
TIMELINE & RECRUITMENT PROCESS
10/1/2018 – 10/18/2018 Candidate recruitment
10/8/2018 – 10/26/2018 Phase I interview with Anne Maxfield, recruiter (live or phone)
11/8/2018 Phase II interview with Center for Respite Care team (CEO and other staff)
11/12/2018 Offer contingent on successful background and reference check
Note: The recruitment process, position description, dates and processes may be adjusted as needed.
Cover Letter & Resume Submission Instructions
All candidates’ interest and submission will be held in confidence
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume (Microsoft Word document only) to:
Anne M. Maxfield at email@example.com, who is leading the search effort. ALL candidate cover letters and resumes will be carefully reviewed and each will receive confirmation of receipt from Ms. Maxfield. Only those candidates who will be invited to Phase I interviews will receive a second communication.
Thank you for your interest in Center for Respite Care and driving our purpose.